Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

This wasn't a tennis match. It was just a lag lottery where I happened to come out on top. I offered to reschedule but ProudSerb is going to be busy next week so we figured it'd be best to just get it done to keep the tournament rolling.

·
Registered
21,060 Posts

Bad quality b/c the site I upload images isn't working :eek:

Anyway first set I played very well, he didn't have any answers, he improved in the 2nd set while my level dropped but in the end I was too strong for him

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
How many points this tournaments gives btw :p

Will the wins count in the rankings :p
Probably needs to be somewhere in the region of 1/3rd to 1/4th of what the main tournament rewarded to keep things balanced. After all no one should really be raking in mega points by beating the Jamvols, Clorens and Lenders of the world.

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How many points this tournaments gives btw :p

Will the wins count in the rankings :p
Forgot to add:

A win: 50 points
Semifinals: 100 points extra
Final: 175 points extra
Winner: 250 points extra

So the winner (without losing a match) receives 500 points :eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

This wasn't a tennis match. It was just a lag lottery where I happened to come out on top. I offered to reschedule but ProudSerb is going to be busy next week so we figured it'd be best to just get it done to keep the tournament rolling.
You've surpassed ProudSerb in the rankings by a small edge of five points btw :haha:

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Probably needs to be somewhere in the region of 1/3rd to 1/4th of what the main tournament rewarded to keep things balanced. After all no one should really be raking in mega points by beating the Jamvols, Clorens and Lenders of the world.
Ask peak @BroTree about beating the Lenders of the world. I'm sure the Paris massacre is still very much in his mind...

Anyway, beat ProudSerb 7-6 4-6 7-5. Had posted the stats on FB, but not here yet so:

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Good match Lenders. He has improved bucket loads since the last time I played him, so much so that I was quite taken aback in the first couple of games and found myself going down an early break. Unfortunately for him he rather donated his next service game with untimely double faults which restored my confidence; virtual bagel dished out after that. Second set he held on admirably, holding serve from 0-30 down a couple of times and even threatening a break of his own, but I was just too solid in the end.

·
Registered
21,060 Posts
Dopevol vs BotLenders

Disgusting match up. TE was gonna lose either way. Hopefully IBM schools these cheating clowns with ease :yeah:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Btw Haneul beat me 4-6 7-6 7-6

I'm out now so no point trying for the inaugural Alex-GLENN no? Prepare for my match coming up against @Redolent no?
:scared: :scared: :scared:

I thought you'd forgotten.

Where do you rank in the list of TE players, from GOAT to ultimate mug? Just so that i know my place come the time.

·
Administrator
18,199 Posts
:scared: :scared: :scared:

I thought you'd forgotten.

Where do you rank in the list of TE players, from GOAT to ultimate mug? Just so that i know my place come the time.
I can't say for sure, but if we say for now that the ultimate mug is Griezmann13 - I'd place myself second last.

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Dopevol vs BotLenders

Disgusting match up. TE was gonna lose either way. Hopefully IBM schools these cheating clowns with ease :yeah:
Truth has been spoken :worship:

·
Super Moderator
7,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Night session match, tournament favorite IchbinMüg stepped on the court for his first match at the MugsTourFinals. Playing at PopCon as well, he tried to save as much energy as possible to have deep runs at both tournaments, although lamenting about the poor scheduling of MTFs. 'I'm not sure what the organizers were thinking', he told at the pre-match interview, 'but that is of course a huge disadvantage for me and all the others who try to do well at both. Hope they get sacked and a more clever guy will run it next year.' His anger on his match scheduling, it was a Night-session match on Monday right before facing his 1st round at PopCon against someone with a bland nickname (which's name I've already forgotten), didn't help him at all at the beginning. He faced already an early deuce at ProudSerb's first service game, but was too unfocused to wrap the break up. Match went on without any an IBM-review worth shots, the German faced some bps here and there which saved the proud teen who likes to preen. After a quick 30-0 on his own service game at 3-4, he suddenly served two dfs. A Nadalesque fh cc passing shot saved the first virtual set point, but the Serbian opponent made sure to capitalize from the second bp and broke the German. No problems for him to serve the first set out then.

After an inspirational monologue from Ichbinmüde during the break (we've recorded it, don't tell him that tho :secret:
8gQ2NhteF44
)

he started to play incredibly great and clutch tennis right from the start. Immediately broke ProudSerb's service game very quickly, won his service games and achieved a couple of breaks on a breathtaking speed. He played like a @BOAT to win the second and was the winner of every crucial moment/point. Until he took a 5-1 lead in the decider.

Serving for the match and facing an early 30-15, the German suddenly had the intention to emulate his biggest fav and had a similar choke. Lost his service once, didn't win any return point then and lost his next service game after bravely saving a couple of break points. He was deeply in ruins and it looked like he was close to pray to not choke his next service game, crossed himself after winning it with ease for a 6-5 lead. However, no more 1setMüde showed up since then and he started to play his GOAT-like tennis again at the breaker, won it, lifted his hands towards the roof and waved his finger. His opponent congratulated very friendly to him, had a nice chat at the netcord and wished both good luck each other. Crowd got pleased after this drama and couldn't stop applauding, they want to see the match of the matches at the Semifinals: Him vs his little brother at the MTFs.

Stats:

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
IBM :worship:

Jamvol is not a mug anymore! demolition jobs all over. CloMug winning against newbies was NID. He is still waiting to defeat 500ELO4Lyf 6-0 6-0 to boost his ranking. Alex winning a set and 2 TB :eek: WTF? Looks like by the time AO comes I will be fighting for the last place with the mysterious Griezmann.

ProudSerb can always own y'all in chess. :shrug: :hug:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
IBM :worship:

Jamvol is not a mug anymore! demolition jobs all over. CloMug winning against newbies was NID. He is still waiting to defeat 500ELO4Lyf 6-0 6-0 to boost his ranking. Alex winning a set and 2 TB :eek: WTF? Looks like by the time AO comes I will be fighting for the last place with the mysterious Griezmann.

ProudSerb can always own y'all in chess. :shrug: :hug:
It's true. :lol: I am really interested in match against Litotes, I think he and one more poster could have beaten me easily in chess, according to their titles. Btw, I will do everything to recover for AO. Good luck to all mugs, have fun. :D

·
Registered
8,386 Posts

Tough match against Andreas. First set I was playing pretty well and broke him twice. Next set I was up 40-0 on serve in my first game and then a string of ridiculously unfortunate points somehow saw me broken. I played well for the rest of the set, barely dropping a point on serve after that, but his servebotting was ruthless whenever I got a sniff of getting the break back.

3rd set we were both below our best and fell into a bit of a rut. He wasted an early chance to break and crumbled on his serve halfway through the set. I almost choked serving for the match, missing 3/4 first serves in a row, but played the BPs well, which is basically the reason I emerged victorious from this one.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Forgot to add:

A win: 50 points
Semifinals: 100 points extra
Final: 175 points extra
Winner: 250 points extra

So the winner (without losing a match) receives 500 points :eek:
Disgusting. Should be 1 ranking point per win at most. The very fabric of the MTF's TE existence continues to decline in my absence. When I get my internet back in 4656484747 years I'm taking control of all draws and point allocations so we can make TE great again.

21 - 40 of 119 Posts