Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
11,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Who would be your 4? Lets do Male only due to it being MTF. AT THE END I WILL PHOTOSHOP IT WITH THE 4 MOST VOTED
I would say

Nadal
Federer
Agassi
Becker

I don't thik it should mean best 4. It should mean the 4 most significant. Everyone knows Becker and what he did was amazing.

Agassi changed the image i feel and of course had a great career.

The other 2 need to description....

Personally id rather but Djokovic in over Federer but im not deluded.

I think its a good representation of different era's.

Many wont like Agassi and Becker over Dkokovic,McEnroe,Laver,Sampras or Edberg/Borg but it is what it is....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I know this isn't about 4 best or greatest but still, Djokovic is being heavily disrespected by Fedaltards and other trolls.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Objectively speaking, Djokovic, Nadal, Sampras and Borg.

Djokovic and Nadal have been the Ronaldo and Messi of tennis - the GOATs. Federer is great too, but it is hard to include the third wheel. Federer actually was much closer to Murray after he turned 26 years old than he was to Djokovic or Nadal. Sampras and Borg were the best against their competition. Laver was Schwartzman-size. I feel that I cannot include him because of the lack of competition and lack of size. Nobody would dominate in any modern era being Schwartzman-size.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Objectively speaking, Djokovic, Nadal, Sampras and Borg.

Djokovic and Nadal have been the Ronaldo and Messi of tennis - the GOATs. Federer is great too, but it is hard to include the third wheel. Federer actually was much closer to Murray after he turned 26 years old than he was to Djokovic or Nadal. Sampras and Borg were the best against their competition. Laver was Schwartzman-size. I feel that I cannot include him because of the lack of competition and lack of size. Nobody would dominate in any modern era being Schwartzman-size.
It's good to finally see some unbiased analysis in this thread. Especially the bolded part.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
It's good to finally see some unbiased analysis in this thread. Especially the bolded part.
Thank you. Remaining objective is always important in discussions and debates. When it comes to the Big 3, I feel that being objective is easy to do because I am not invested in any player - none of them are my favourites. When I discuss Zverev (my favourite), I am still able to remain objective, but it is more difficult, admittedly. But we still have to put that aside and tell it like it is.

I don't know who your favourite players are, but you are unbiased yourself from what I have seen. I can understand why you chose that name.

·
11,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know this isn't about 4 best or greatest but still, Djokovic is being heavily disrespected by Fedaltards and other trolls.
My disclusion of him is due to popularity. I think he is a better player than the other two

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
Lame thread - I thought this was going to be about which MTF posters should be on the Mount Rushmore. @Darth Vaderer for sure

Reactions: Snowwy
1 - 20 of 67 Posts