Mens Tennis Forums banner

MTF Experts: Which Big 3 player will have the most pressure to win the 2021 Australian Open?

• Novak Djokovic - 17 majors won

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Rafael Nadal - 20 majors won

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Roger Federer - 20 majors won

Votes: 2 13.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which player? Poll will be for the AO.

At AO: I think Novak

Then the rest may depend on who hasn't won one yet, but independently I would say.

At RG: I think RAFA

At Wimbledon: I think Roger

At the US Open? Again, whomever hasn't won one yet, but probably Novak, if he is still behind.

Please discuss.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
The special one
14,778 Posts
AO - Djokovic. His favorite slam where he'll be favorite to win and needs to make up ground.

RG - Nadal

Wimbledon - Djokovic - I doubt There'll be much pressure on a near 40 year old Federer. Djokovic will be odds on favourite to win.

USO - Djokovic/Nadal. If Djokovic closes the gap to 1-2 slams of Rafa then Rafa will feel the pressure also.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Probably Djokovic. He is getting way behind in the slam race. But could be Nadal or Federer as well as both of them would like to get the #21

·
Registered
501 Posts
Since 2017, every slam is huge to the big 3.
I think that this final was huge for Rafa to win it, he achieved by that to win 20 and to block Novak to get 18.
Oh yes this slam was huge for both specially for Rafa. I think now that he got his 20th, should be a huge relief for him. All pressure will be on Novak now to win AO and Wim next year.

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AO - Djokovic. His favorite slam where he'll be favorite to win and needs to make up ground.

RG - Nadal

Wimbledon - Djokovic - I doubt There'll be much pressure on a near 40 year old Federer. Djokovic will be odds on favourite to win.

USO - Djokovic/Nadal. If Djokovic closes the gap to 1-2 slams of Rafa then Rafa will feel the pressure also.
But what about #21? No pressure on Rog?

Curiously,
masterclass

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Definitely Djokovic as he is now 3 behind both of his rivals. There is some pressure on Fed for sure as it is now obvious that he needs to win more to end with the most and I imagine he really wants to end with the most.

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Definitely Djokovic as he is now 3 behind both of his rivals. There is some pressure on Fed for sure as it is now obvious that he needs to win more to end with the most and I imagine he really wants to end with the most.
True, but if the Swiss doesn't end up on top, I think he will still be extremely happy with his career and life, as should all of them already. :)
With a world shaking crisis like COVID this year, it helps keeps things in perspective.

Respectfully,
masterclass

1 - 12 of 12 Posts