Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having witnessed Fed's epic victory, I read some of the reports online and eventually came here.

And what was the first thing I saw: A thread about Federer "harassing old ladies".

The title of the thread has since been changed, but the thread is still there in General Messages.

Obviously the main Fed haters, who created the thread before the match was even finished, are now crying bitter tears.

Elsewhere, tennis communities are celebrating Fed's resilience and fighting spirit.

But alas, here, there is a prominent thread in General Messages about Federer apparently (and you could not make this shit up) harassing old ladies.

How dumb does a forum have to be? Genuine question.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Lol apparently that's comparable with Serena pointing at a lineswoman and threatening to shove a ball down her throat in USO 09. LMAO. Or McEnroe in AO 1990 standing right next to a lineswoman, glaring and bouncing a ball with the racquet in front of her in that match he got defaulted.

All Fed literally did was walk over and ask her a question or two to clarify the incident. No threatening behaviour, no sign of anger. STFU you keyboard warriors.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
You've just realized it now? Ok, you just joined 10 months ago.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
God I miss British humour when I see these easily offended people.

Yesterday Nadal fans with that Kyrgios underarm thread, today Federer fans with the lineswoman thread.

Guys. Get a grip. This is an internet forum. Who cares? Don't let everything get into your skin. Try to have fun.

Or don't, we will lose MTF as we know it, trying to ban every poster and thread possible.

Jesus.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
The problem is not the thread. Baiting title aside, it's not much to trip over. The problem is allowing a notorious obsessive attention seeker to pollute GM with his crap over and over and over. Ruins were created specifically to protect general pop from this kind of garbage, which is not necessarily bannable on the merit of its content, but absolutely vomit inducing in large volumes. But at this point, none of the mods cares.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If anything this thread is worthy of ruins. Im glad Federer pulled through.
Djokovic will be the overwhelming favorite in the semis and will have the opportunity to further tarnish Federers legacy when it comes to H2H.
Hey pal, just wanted to congratulate you personally on creating the dumbest thread on the internet.

Federer "harassing old ladies" apparently. Pathetic.

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Just because he had a nice comeback at the end doesn't mean we can't point out his inappropriate behaviour along the way. If you want blindless whorshipping go to the player forum.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,322 Posts
Hey pal, just wanted to congratulate you personally on creating the dumbest thread on the internet.

Federer "harassing old ladies" apparently. Pathetic.
I only woke up to watch the match from the 4th set so I have no clue what happened. But more than one Federer fan expressed disappointment about how Federer dealt with the line judge.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just because he had a nice comeback at the end doesn't mean we can't point out his inappropriate behaviour along the way. If you want blindless whorshipping go to the player forum.
It's not about pointing out inappropriate behaviour. If you want to make a big deal out of nothing much, knock yourself out.

It's about how dumb you can go with a thread and still stay in General Messages. "Harassing old ladies" is extremely dumb. That is all.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I only woke up to watch the match from the 4th set so I have no clue what happened. But more than one Federer fan expressed disappointment about how Federer dealt with the line judge.
The original title accused Federer of "harassing an old lady".

If that's not stupid enough to warrant an immediate move to the ruins, I really don't know what is.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts