Mens Tennis Forums banner

What should be the next film? (2 choices max. and you can't change them once submitted)

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the 4th edition of MTF Cinema, where you can watch movies with other MTF users and chat in real time. Everything will take place on the Discord server below on next Sunday, 8 PM UK time.

Here are the past 3 editions:

The maximum number of films you can vote for is 2 and once you submit your choices you cannot change them. Pick Carefully.

Let's proceed with the nominations:

1. La Belle Époque (France) - nominated by enlightenedth

"A couple in crisis. He, disillusioned, sees his life upset the day an entrepreneur offers him to plunge back into the time of his choice."

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

2. Phone Booth (USA) - nominated by cmchelsea

"Publicist Stuart Shepard finds himself trapped in a phone booth, pinned down by an extortionist's sniper rifle. Unable to leave or receive outside help, Stuart's negotiation with the caller leads to a jaw-dropping climax."

Genre: Crime, Thriller

3. El secreto de sus ojos (Argentina) - nominated by Royolosch

"A retired legal counselor writes a novel hoping to find closure for one of his past unresolved homicide cases and for his unreciprocated love with his superior - both of which still haunt him decades later."

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Romance

4. Jagten (Denmark) - nominated by citizen_insane

"A teacher lives a lonely life, all the while struggling over his son's custody. His life slowly gets better as he finds love and receives good news from his son, but his new luck is about to be brutally shattered by an innocent little lie."

Genre: Drama

5. Das Leben der Anderen (Germany) - nominated by IBM

"In 1984 East Berlin, an agent of the secret police, conducting surveillance on a writer and his lover, finds himself becoming increasingly absorbed by their lives."

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Thriller

6. Muriel's Wedding (Australia) - nominated by MWW

"A young social outcast in Australia steals money from her parents to finance a vacation where she hopes to find happiness, and perhaps love."

Genre: Comedy, Drama

7. Crazy, Stupid, Love. (USA) - nominated by IBM

"A middle-aged husband's life changes dramatically when his wife asks him for a divorce. He seeks to rediscover his manhood with the help of a newfound friend, Jacob, learning to pick up girls at bars."

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

8. The Place Beyond the Pines (USA) - nominated by NextGenKing

"A motorcycle stunt rider turns to robbing banks as a way to provide for his lover and their newborn child, a decision that puts him on a collision course with an ambitious rookie cop navigating a department ruled by a corrupt detective."

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

9. Looper (USA) - nominated by clearwaters

"In 2074, when the mob wants to get rid of someone, the target is sent into the past, where a hired gun awaits - someone like Joe - who one day learns the mob wants to 'close the loop' by sending back Joe's future self for assassination."

Genre: Action, Adventure, Crime

See you on Sunday. 😉

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Seen all but The Place Beyond the Pines, lots of fantastic films, I would go for either El secreto de sus ojos or Das Leben der Anderen.
Would you not pick the one you havent seen then ha

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,637 Posts
I usually have to get ready for a lab presentation on Monday mornings. I will see if I can watch at all starting 5am for me. At least movie must end before 7am my time (so 10 pm UK).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts