guitarra 1

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
congratulations on almost hitting the avant-jackpot

citizen_insane 12
Nathaliia 10

(i considered giving 12 just for lolsake, but i voted before all sets came in and didn't want to tamper with the results. Liked the Varg song slightly more but these 2 were by far my greatest take outs from this game!)

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
2 White Town - "Your Woman" - 86 points
MWW

babspider 12
Chris Kuerten 12
ProudSerb 10
yellow grass 10
Nepoznati Knez 10
NDee 8
Nathaliia 6
JMG 4
guitarra 4
aerosmash 4
JesusG 3
Aaron Kstein 3

1 New Candys - "Aphrodite in Leather" - 92 points
JMG

Redolent 12
HoorayBeer 12
ilovetheblues_86 10
MWW 8
Awka Liwen 8
Rob & Stephen 7
Aaron Kstein 6
Ilkae 5
ProudSerb 5
aerosmash 5
Nathaliia 4
citizen_insane 4
babspider 3
yellow grass 3

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
How many wins for JMG now? I think I’ve given a fair few top points to him.

👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻

Commiserations MWW.

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
i wanted to send that white town song for asian edition for lulz but i ended up missing that edition

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Congratulations JMG. Great song.

Reactions: JMG

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Also thanks to Nathaliia for managing this. I hope you are feeling better.

Reactions: Nathaliia

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Congrats to winners! 👍

LoL I gave 0 points to the top 3 🤦‍♂️ my music taste isn't in synch with the audience here...
as a person who has been here literally from game #1 i can tell you these things change a lot back and forth
some time ago your electronic submissions could have done very well

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
as a person who has been here literally from game #1 i can tell you these things change a lot back and forth
some time ago your electronic submissions could have done very well
Yep, MTF seems to have changed a lot since 'some time ago'.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
This was my vote:

12. Patti Austin & James Ingram - "Baby Come To Me"
10. Pixinguinha - "Carinhoso"
8. The Divine Comedy - "Our Mutual Friend"
7. The Growlers - "Love Test"
6. Jonathan Bree - "You're So Cool"
5. El Nene - "Fiebre De Ti"
4. Sandie Shaw - "There's Always Something There To Remind Me"
3. Bring Me The Horizon - "Mother Tongue"
2. Adoniran Barbosa - "Bom Dia, Tristeza"
1. Raze - "Break For Love"

·
Registered
26,090 Posts
How many wins for JMG now? I think I’ve given a fair few top points to him.

👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻

Commiserations MWW.
Nice coincidence you came back when I nominated them for the first time on MTF. Should be my 5th win, but I have only skipped a few games. Still only at 2 on TF though and rarely close to winning.

Congrats @JMG! Thank you @MWW for sharing Your Woman, I had never heard it before. Thank you @Nathaliia for managing, the cat pictures were the best

Does anyone know if Aphrodite in Leather is inspired by Venus in Furs? (book, movie or song)
I've read almost everything about them over the years and don't think they have mentioned it. But would makes sense.

Carinhoso style reminded me of some old Finnish 30s or 40s song I heard in the past. It benefited also from me punishing two vultures a bit.

·
Super Moderator
7,421 Posts
Oh, I thought that song by Lamp would perform way better... I'm really surprised it came out #11.

Grats @JMG that was one my favs this game. And many thanks to Nathii for managing. Cats are love, so very fitting images there. ;)

PS: in Brazil we normally use "hahaha". "Kkkk" is a bit old, mostly used by people in their mid 30's and 40's, I'd say. "Kkkkkk" doesn't sound like laughter at all, it was a thing when people used icq and msn

But nowadays, in Brazil, if you want to mean you are laughing really hard you can also just tap letters a bit randomly, like haqryijhdagjichjkkjhhh
I can confirm, sometimes I watch movies with a girl from Brazil and she always uses "haha" despite us not using english as a common language (it's mostly a weird mix of portuguese and spanish we both know the other can understand).

·
Registered
26,090 Posts
Ooh which players are left?

Really enjoyed the Jonathan Bree song. Had no idea it was a vulture in disguise until I clicked off the playlist page 😃
I listened to that one a lot last year. It also won on TF I believe and has millions of views, so a big BSG vulture for sure. His performances are a bit ridiculous though. This clown has two women on stage just to play air guitar on broomsticks for the part from 3:32, instead of creating a nice live sound. They only play bass and drum live when they perform this song.

Your Woman felt like an even bigger vulture for me, probably because I was sure the song had been posted and discussed at least once before in these threads. When I saw the song on the playlist, I immediately checked if the original was from the 50s, to send it for the TF 50s theme, but it was even from the 30s.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Nice coincidence you came back when I nominated them for the first time on MTF. Should be my 5th win, but I have only skipped a few games. Still only at 2 on TF though and rarely close to winning.
I joined this game because MWW tagged me, then deprived him of victory by giving 12 points to your song.

There’s a kind of poetry there.

141 - 160 of 178 Posts