Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(an original idea by sfar.)

Theme guide:

I decided to pick the theme "Love Songs" 😁💚 because its Valentine's day in Brazil next friday.

The rules are basically two:

• Any style of music is allowed (rock, country, rap, noise-rock, whatever), but the song must have lyrics (no instrumentals allowed).
  • It t needs to be related to romantic love, eros. Eros refers to "passionate love" or romantic love. So its forbidden philia, storge or agape love (between family, friends or selfless love (charity).
Hope you dont hate the theme mwahaha.
No, doesn't have to be in English, just tell the manager why the song is about romantic love.

Doesnt need to be adressed, can be about love in general and it is allowed songs about sadness, breakups, euphoria, murdering your ex-husband etc, as long it is associated with romantic love.

1. Ella Fitzgerald - "Misty"
2. Bring Me The Horizon - "Mother Tongue"
3. Patti Austin & James Ingram - "Baby Come To Me"
4. Pixinguinha - "Carinhoso"
5. The Growlers - "Love Test"
6. Mary Louise Parker & Whoopi Goldberg - "You Got It"
7. Jenevieve - "Baby Powder"
8. New Candys - "Aphrodite in Leather"
9. Owen Paul - "My Favourite Waste of Time"
10. The Divine Comedy - "Our Mutual Friend"
11. Lamp - "Symphony"
12. Jonathan Bree - "You're So Cool"
13. Sandie Shaw - "There's Always Something There To Remind Me"
14. Aurora - "Exist For Love"
15. White Town - "Your Woman"
16. Genesis - "Many Too Many"
17. Adoniran Barbosa - "Bom Dia, Tristeza"
18. El Nene - "Fiebre De Ti"
19. Varg w/ AnnaMelina - "Blue Line"
20. Rosalia - "Juro Que"
21. Raze - "Break For Love"
22. Yazz - "Fine Time"

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

It's very easy! Every game, the winner of the previous edition chooses a theme. Every player sends a song to the manager via PM (don't make it public!) that meets the criteria and after a period of time a playlist is created. Then it's all about listening music, picking your favorite songs and sending your votes to the manager. The song with the most points wins!

Games usually last around 20 days, so don't worry, there's plenty of time.

1) Songs Submission Phase: Here you choose a song that complies with the game's theme and send a YouTube link to the manager. This phase lasts around 8 days.

(If two or more players happen to send the same song, the manager will accept the first player's choice and request the others to send a different song. All this will be done privately via PM)

2) Voting Phase: You'll have around 12 days to listen to the playlist and send the manager your votes.

(The voting format is explained below)

3) Final Ceremony: This is where the manager reveals who submitted each song and how many points it got! The ceremony takes place shortly or soon after Phase 2 ends.

(Remember, dates and time will be provided by the manager but they are not set in stone. If it's needed, the manager might change them with previous notice.)

After listening to the playlist, you send your favorite songs via PM to the manager in one of the following formats. Note that you can't vote for your own song. The voting format depends on how many people play:

1) If 27 players or fewer participate, you vote for 10 songs ranked from top to bottom and numbered like this:

Code:
[U]12 Points:[/U] Your favorite song
[U]10 Points:[/U] 2nd favorite song.
[U]8 Points:[/U] 3rd favorite song.
[U]7 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]6 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]5 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]4 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]3 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]2 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]1 Point:[/U] (...)
2) If 28 or more players participate, the manager will host Semifinals. In each Semifinal, you vote for 10 songs as in the previous example. After the semi-finals the manager will publish a list of those songs that have reached the Final and you should vote again. Remember that even if your song doesn't make it through to the Final, you are still allowed and indeed requested to vote in the Final!

If you don't vote, or vote for fewer songs than requested, then you will receive a penalty like this:

1) If you don't vote at all, your song will lose the maximum amount of points. (12 points)

2) If you vote for fewer songs, you will receive penalty points in reverse order of the points awarded (to the songs) in the particular voting format.
(9 votes -> 1 point penalty, 8 votes -> 2 points penalty and so on)

1)If the same song is sent by more than one player, the manager is supposed to ask the second and further players to choose another song.

2) The manager is required to send her/his own votes to MWW (click here), not later than 48 hours before the respective voting deadline (also in semifinals), else the manager's votes will not count.

3) Tiebreak criteria (for songs tied in points after the voting):
1st = amount of sets of top points received. 2nd (if still tied) = amount of 2nd highest points received. And so on.

4) The ideal duration for a 'midsized' BSG edition is 20-21 days: 8 for Nominations, 12 for Voting, 1 for transition or extensions.
The manager is however free to move the dates or extend that duration quite a bit.

5) Late votes: It's common practice in BSG to count late votes until the actual start of the results revelation (or Ceremony).
That could make things tough for the manager though. It's alright if the manager announces (shortly) in advance that the deadline will be strict, but then really no late votes can be accepted (as situations where the manager can arbitrarily decide if a vote counts, could be abused for results manipulation).

6) Here are some helpful links for new managers: Spreadsheet template and Previous Winners List.

7) "Best Song Game" is a simple and catchy label, but one of the purposes of this game is to discover new music.

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

(22)
Aaron Kstein
aerosmash
Awka Liwen
babspider
Bakano
citizen_insane
Chris Kuerten
guitarra
HoorayBeer
Ilkae
Ilovetheblues_86
JesusG
JMG
MWW
Nathaliia
NDee
Nepoznati Knez
ProudSerb
Redolent
Rob & Stephen
TheBigFourFTW
yellow grass

Link for the previously used songs: MTF_BSG_to#88_SongsAlreadySubmitted.xlsx

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
send songs mugs

for inspiration a song i just won on TF with
(don't worry, i'll be easier on you here)

·
Ace Loveforty
83,395 Posts

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6 in
i haven't listened yet but looks good at first glance

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10 in
i havent listened to anything yet so i don't know the level but there's at least 1 song i like because i've already heard it

·
Super Moderator
7,421 Posts
Sorry, I was super busy this last week. Schools are closed due to the quarantine so I had to find other ways to make a living, things are really tough in my country right now.

I will submit a song later today, but seeing the theme I'm pretty sure I'm going to mug my way to a near-last spot.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,744 Posts
Sorry, I was super busy this last week. Schools are closed due to the quarantine so I had to find other ways to make a living, things are really tough in my country right now.

I will submit a song later today, but seeing the theme I'm pretty sure I'm going to mug my way to a near-last spot.
Oh, I'm very sorry to hear of the situation there and really the whole globe fighting this disease. Is there any thing I can do to help? Prayers are free of charge, but yes, even financially?

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

wow, bummed reading this

if playing can make your mind a bit off the nasty shit, I think i'll extend deadline a bit because I'm mostly out this weekend and don't have time to organize playlist, tag ppl etc.

·
Super Moderator
7,421 Posts
Oh, I'm very sorry to hear of the situation there and really the whole globe fighting this disease. Is there any thing I can do to help? Prayers are free of charge, but yes, even financially?
Yeah it's been particularly tough for teachers, because schools have to be closed, which I understand and it's totally the right decision to make. But the issue is that those of us who didn't get courses to teach in back in March were left in the dust. I don't think I've spent almost a year without working since I was a teenager.

What I'm doing right now is selling small and medium sized ceramic pieces (like cups, bowls, plates). Luckily post offices still work so I can make deliveries. I've been working with clay for around a year and a half now, mainly as a hobby, hoping I could open a workshop in the future but I had to start selling now due to the quarantine. Fortunately the people who I buy the clay and pigments from continues to sell. 😓

Thanks for your kind messages guys. Looking forward to the playlist.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
wow, bummed reading this

if playing can make your mind a bit off the nasty shit, I think i'll extend deadline a bit because I'm mostly out this weekend and don't have time to organize playlist, tag ppl etc.
What's the DL now (I'll try to send something)?

·
Registered
97,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
until Wednesday, sorry again
it was midsommar, i went out hiking, came back exhausted :p

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Least mediocre. LMAO

Found the perfect song. Nathii will hate the cheese. 🤤

1 - 20 of 178 Posts