·
Super Moderator
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

It's very easy! Every game, the winner of the previous edition chooses a theme. Every player sends a song to the manager via PM (don't make it public!) that meets the criteria and after a period of time a playlist is created. Then it's all about listening music, picking your favorite songs and sending your votes to the manager. The song with the most points wins!

Games usually last around 20 days, so don't worry, there's plenty of time.

1) Songs Submission Phase: Here you choose a song that complies with the game's theme and send a YouTube link to the manager. This phase lasts around 8 days.

(If two or more players happen to send the same song, the manager will accept the first player's choice and request the others to send a different song. All this will be done privately via PM)

2) Voting Phase: You'll have around 12 days to listen to the playlist and send the manager your votes.

(The voting format is explained below)

3) Final Ceremony: This is where the manager reveals who submitted each song and how many points it got! The ceremony takes place shortly or soon after Phase 2 ends.

(Remember, dates and time will be provided by the manager but they are not set in stone. If it's needed, the manager might change them with previous notice.)

After listening to the playlist, you send your favorite songs via PM to the manager in one of the following formats. Note that you can't vote for your own song. The voting format depends on how many people play:

1) If 27 players or fewer participate, you vote for 10 songs ranked from top to bottom and numbered like this:

Code:
[U]12 Points:[/U] Your favorite song
[U]10 Points:[/U] 2nd favorite song.
[U]8 Points:[/U] 3rd favorite song.
[U]7 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]6 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]5 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]4 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]3 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]2 Points:[/U] (...)
[U]1 Point:[/U] (...)
2) If 28 or more players participate, the manager will host Semifinals. In each Semifinal, you vote for 10 songs as in the previous example. After the semi-finals the manager will publish a list of those songs that have reached the Final and you should vote again. Remember that even if your song doesn't make it through to the Final, you are still allowed and indeed requested to vote in the Final!

If you don't vote, or vote for fewer songs than requested, then you will receive a penalty like this:

1) If you don't vote at all, your song will lose the maximum amount of points. (12 points)

2) If you vote for fewer songs, you will receive penalty points in reverse order of the points awarded (to the songs) in the particular voting format. (9 votes -> 1 point penalty, 8 votes -> 2 points penalty and so on)

1)If the same song is sent by more than one player, the manager is supposed to ask the second and further players to choose another song.

2) The manager is required to send her/his own votes to MWW (click here), not later than 48 hours before the respective voting deadline (also in semifinals), else the manager's votes will not count.

3) Tiebreak criteria (for songs tied in points after the voting):
1st = amount of sets of top points received. 2nd (if still tied) = amount of 2nd highest points received. And so on.

4) The ideal duration for a 'midsized' BSG edition is 20-21 days: 8 for Nominations, 12 for Voting, 1 for transition or extensions.
The manager is however free to move the dates or extend that duration quite a bit.

5) Late votes: It's common practice in BSG to count late votes until the actual start of the results revelation (or Ceremony).
That could make things tough for the manager though. It's alright if the manager announces (shortly) in advance that the deadline will be strict, but then really no late votes can be accepted (as situations where the manager can arbitrarily decide if a vote counts, could be abused for results manipulation).

6) Here are some helpful links for new managers: Spreadsheet template and Previous Winners List.

7) "Best Song Game" is a simple and catchy label, but one of the purposes of this game is to discover new music.

·
Super Moderator
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

(21)

TheBigFourFTW - Ilovetheblues_86 - Synesthetic - cmchelsea - yellow grass - Aaron Kstein - MWW - NextGenKing - enlightenedth - Chris Kuerten - guitarra - JMG - HoorayBeer - Nathaliia - JesusG - ProudSerb - Nepoznati Knez - Awka Liwen - babspider - scarecrows - Mr. Late Entry

Brazil (2) - Russia (1) - USA (7) - Turkey (1) - Germany (2) - Iran (1) - Spain (1) - UK (6)

(coming soon)

·
Super Moderator
7,413 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
It's cat piss actually. Only Heineken might be worse perhaps...
Not a fan of Heineken either but they are miles ahead of Bud Light, Miller Lite and Coors Light IMO. In any case, beer is beer so I'll drink whatever if you offer me.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Not a fan of Heineken either but they are miles ahead of Bud Light, Miller Lite and Coors Light IMO. In any case, beer is beer so I'll drink whatever if you offer me.
🤣 👍

All those you mention are cat piss. I haven't been to Chile but Im sure there are local beers much better than those, as it's the case elsewhere in Latin America.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
All shorts greater than beer.

·
The special one
14,170 Posts
Heineken in Poland is so shit. But I had it in France and it was a completely different beer lol.
I don't drink much alcohol, only on special occasions, but that is one fine beer.
I'm pretty sure the same brand of beer in different countries are probably nothing alike.
All shorts greater than beer.
All this talk about beer makes me miss going to the pub.

·
Registered
21,441 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
🤣 👍

All those you mention are cat piss. I haven't been to Chile but Im sure there are local beers much better than those, as it's the case elsewhere in Latin America.
The craft beer scene in Chile is way more developed than when I left for the US (in 2010). When I moved back (end of 2019) I was afraid I wasn't going to get a lot of styles here, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Still the US (home to the worst and best beers in the world) is far ahead.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Yeah, big beer companies almost always go for localisation for each particular market. For example also here, Budweiser beers are being produced and packaged in Turkey. They don't want additional expenses and just give the formula to their partner in the respective country.

·
Super Moderator
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These last 2-3 years have seen a huge growth in home-made beer in Argentina. Tons of breweries popped up (is brewery the right word? I mean places where you can ask for a wide array of different beer flavors). I like the sweeter ones which have some honey in them, but also those with a citric touch. Not a fan of the more bitter ones.

·
Premium Member
9,079 Posts
🤣 👍

Problem is bargain industrial beer..... but I assume some can not afford something else.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts