Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
haha i wouldn't mind edition "songs to listen to when you're drinking" :)
The most interesting part would be the submissions from people who have never had alcohol :D

·
Registered
26,082 Posts
I find the Heineken in Germany decent (maybe it is Dutch), but it tastes rather mild. Reminds me more of the "Gold" versions of some beers (often called "beer for girls"). However, one famous banned mtf member told me Heineken is too bitter, so it is probably a different beer in Britain.
I can't really sip beer, usually drink a bottle in 5 minutes. When I drink two quickly it can already help me make music a little bit more bearable.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Not a Covid19 related death, but this was the winning artist a few games ago:

Well, Covid19 related in this sense:

"He suffered from chronic illnesses and often travelled to France for treatment but that was no longer possible with the coronavirus," he added.

"We saw his condition deteriorate rapidly, but I was still surprised because he'd been through much worse times before."

·
justice for all
13,163 Posts
I used to work for a big beer company in Poland for quite some time and was close to the management board. Their strategies are usually: cut costs, cut prices, produce cheaply at the expense of the product quality. Brands like Heineken, Corona, Budweiser or Carlsberg are just... very well marketed brands.

The real high quality beer you can get at local small breweries never in big beer companies.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
I used to work for a big beer company in Poland for quite some time and was close to the management board. Their strategies are usually: cut costs, cut prices, produce cheaply at the expense of the product quality. Brands like Heineken, Corona, Budweiser or Carlsberg are just... very well marketed brands.

The real high quality beer you can get at local small breweries never in big beer companies.
Could they even make those tastier/more exciting though? (Well, I suppose I answered my own question with the link I posted. Craft lager rather new to me. Actually got excited to try out a few). I've always thought it had more to do with the fact that those beers in question are lagers, which in itself tends do be less exciting or not very bold tasting. In the past you've rarely seen lagers from micro breweries, but instead they have dabbled with ales of all sorts, dark beers like porter or stout, and other less known varieties like gose e.g. But lager has also now slowly made its way into micro brewing The hot new thing in craft beer? Good old-fashioned lager

For me, Asahi Super Dry is a decent lager from a big brewery. Pilsner Urquell also decent.

·
justice for all
13,163 Posts
Could they even make those tastier/more exciting though? (Well, I suppose I answered my own question with the link I posted. Craft lager rather new to me. Actually got excited to try out a few). I've always thought it had more to do with the fact that those beers in question are lagers, which in itself tends do be less exciting or not very bold tasting. In the past you've rarely seen lagers from micro breweries, but instead they have dabbled with ales of all sorts, dark beers like porter or stout, and other less known varieties like gose e.g. But lager has also now slowly made its way into micro brewing The hot new thing in craft beer? Good old-fashioned lager

For me, Asahi Super Dry is a decent lager from a big brewery. Pilsner Urquell also decent.
Not really. It's got a lot to do with the extract and with its freshness though. Big international breweries rarely produce fresh beers with short expiry dates, they pasteurise it to improve their logistics and stock management. And pasteurisation essentially kills the taste - at least for connoisseurs if you know what I mean. ;) Lagers are very much the bread and butter of the beer market here (80+ % of volume shares) and there are many small local breweries which make great lagers - interestingly in the last 5-10 years they were (as a total) gaining a lot of market shares which sort of forced the big companies to improve their product as well.

·
Registered
7,049 Posts
Entered... 👀

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Well, it's a business after all. In all areas of business this shortsighted strategy abounds. On the other hand, there are several medium sized breweries (not micro nor local at all) that consistently put out great product. Duvel Moortgat (Belgium, with various US acquisitions) and Founders (US) comes to mind (there are many others too).

Cheers

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
they pasteurise it to improve their logistics and stock management. And pasteurisation essentially kills the taste - at least for connoisseurs if you know what I mean.
That's pretty much debatable. There are many great beers that are pasteurized. For example Goose Island (owned by AB InBev btw) Bourbon County Brand Stout is pasteurized. That beer is still the gold standard for Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stouts.

·
justice for all
13,163 Posts
Well, it's a business after all. In all areas of business this shortsighted strategy abounds. On the other hand, there are several medium sized breweries (not micro nor local at all) that consistently put out great product. Duvel Moortgat (Belgium, with various US acquisitions) and Founders (US) comes to mind (there are many others too).

Cheers
Yeah, I agree. They operate on a mass and global scale and most strategic decisions (like: which and what product to support) are not even taken locally.
That's pretty much debatable. There are many great beers that are pasteurized. For example Goose Island (owned by AB InBev btw) Bourbon County Brand Stout is pasteurized. That beer is still the gold standard for Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stouts.
Have you tried non-pasteurised lagers?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Have you tried non-pasteurised lagers?
Yeah, of course, I'm a huge beer nerd :p

Beer in bottles and cans are the ones that are usually pasteurized (with few exceptions, most breweries of certain size, craft and not, will pasteurize their beers), beer in kegs are not (in the US. Import kegs are usually pasteurized). So, any time you have a lager on draft (even Budweiser) is usually not pasteurized. Also, if you go to a brewery, brewpub, that beer is usually not pasteurized as well, because what's the point in that case.

Weihenstephan does pasteurize their lagers and they're world class.

·
justice for all
13,163 Posts
Yeah, of course, I'm a huge beer nerd :p

Beer in bottles and cans are the ones that are usually pasteurized (with few exceptions, most breweries of certain size, craft and not, will pasteurize their beers), beer in kegs are not (in the US. Import kegs are usually pasteurized). So, any time you have a lager on draft (even Budweiser) is usually not pasteurized. Also, if you go to a brewery, brewpub, that beer is usually not pasteurized as well, because what's the point in that case.

Weihenstephan does pasteurize their lagers and they're world class.
Interesting. Here draft beer are usually pasteurised too, unfortunately.

·
Registered
26,082 Posts
Only realized the trolling now that China is not eligible :giggle:

I already thought I had two decent songs, but somehow both were from Canada instead of USA/France...

·
Registered
97,202 Posts
Only realized the trolling now that China is not eligible :giggle:

I already thought I had two decent songs, but somehow both were from Canada instead of USA/France...
they shouldn't have faked their amount of sick

India got to top 10 now but too late

i had something good from Peru but they're 12th

21 - 40 of 65 Posts