Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
5,404 Posts
What is Riba Ranked in the standings. I don't think Riba has much of a chance against Moya/Senior Nadal.

·
Registered
33,360 Posts
all in on whoever moya is playing, cant stand missing out on the djokovic match today

this is one of the biggest underdogs(men's tennis) win in a while, only canas' price was higher in M
March, Riba's price is still very high (low DD) but you cannot be getting on just b/c you missed Troicki today (that's only my opinion)

·
Registered
33,360 Posts
What is Riba Ranked in the standings. I don't think Riba has much of a chance against Moya/Senior Nadal.
too lazy to check atptennis or tennisinight.com?????

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
My plays for thursday

Berrer over Nishikori at 1,55 5 units
(Berrer have been very solid of late, this is a really good price in my opinion)

Karlovic over Querrey at 1.85 3 units. The H2H is in favor of the American but Sam is off form of late and was beaten by Fish in LA.

Kohlschreiber over Monaco at 2.23 1 unit.

GL all.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ALMAGRO VS VERDASCO: almagro more consistent, verdasco more of an attacking game

HAASE VS PAVEL: idk about haase, but pavel overated from ljubo win? or is he actually good on clay?

querry vs karlovic: querry won last encounter on hard this year, or was dr.evo having an offday with his serve?

BERRER VS NISHIKORI: Kei Nishikori? who is this? some guy born in 88, could this be the weird upset that will happen tomorrow like its been happening these 2 weeks? idk but i think berrer should win

·
Registered
271 Posts
WTD 1-0 +200
YTD 1-0 +200

WEDNESDAY'S PICKS

ALMAGRO v. VERDASCO

Verdasco is the slight favorite in this match that I give the edge to Almagro. Verdasco is 1-0 h2h, but that was more than 2 years ago in stutgard. Verdasco has owned Ferrer this year, and these big wins make it easy to overrate fernando. The truth is that he has a losing record on the tour this year, and is only 7-7 on clay. Take away the two big wins against Ferrer and he has had a very average season.

Almagro is jekyl and hyde for sure, but as the week went on last week in the Dutch Open we found out that Eschauer was no mug. Almagro is 22-10 on clay this season, and has been very consistent of poor one tourney, great the next. out in the second round at Roland Garros, then the final in Sweden, out in the first round last week, finals this week?

Almagro as the dog seems like great value to me.

$500 to win $575 on Almagro

MAYER v. STARACE

Pavel, Youzhny (with a bad back), and Vassallo Arguello, what do they all have in common? They have all lost to Florian Mayer on clay this year. It's a small club cuz he's 3-7 on the surface in 2007. He's having a tough year. He got lucky to get a bye this week in Austria.

Starace is 16-10 on clay this year, and the list of players that have defeated him is impressive. Nadal, Federer, Almagro, Ferrero, Moya, Davydenko, Andreev...etc. He is 14-0 on clay this season as a favorite, and he is a small favorite today. I hope I don't jinx him, but I like the play.

$610 to win $500 on Starace.

GO POTITO, GO NICKY, AND GO BRASIL!!!! EVERYBODY PRAY FOR MELLO!!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Would someone care to tell me how did Simon look yesterday against Cilic, and what happened to him in that second set? I think he's due an upset again against Canas who is not as sharp as when he reached the Miami finals for example.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Would someone care to tell me how did Simon look yesterday against Cilic, and what happened to him in that second set? I think he's due an upset again against Canas who is not as sharp as when he reached the Miami finals for example.
He played very well, in 2nd set he was simply outplayed, That match could have really gone either way as both players played some good stuff

·
Registered
725 Posts
He played very well, in 2nd set he was simply outplayed, That match could have really gone either way as both players played some good stuff
Thanks, from what I've seen yesterday, Canas was struggling against an opponent that hadn't won a match since April before beating the horrible Gaudio in the first round - got broken 3 times and just 50% first serves in. Also struggling to win points on the second serve.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Lapentti to beat Peya @ 1.66

The man from Ecuador thrives in the altitude in Kitzbuhel. He is a former winner here and has only failed to reach the quarter finals in Kitz twice in 9 appearances. Peya beat Marach and Youzhny in the first two rounds but I question both players attitudes in them matches. Peya is not a natural clay courter whereas Lapentti is. Think Lapentti will pull through.

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
Kitzbul

Robredo over Andreev 5/6

Chela over Roitman 2/5

Lapentti over Peya 8/13

Umag
Pavel over Haase 4/6

Acasuso over Ferrer 11/5

Stanford

Golovin over Mirza 4/9