Registered
4,620 Posts
:woohoo: :woohoo:
WELL DONE CARLOSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Keep up the good work!! :)

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
I'm just all beside myself with Charly doing well again. Nice to see him and JCF stepping up to the plate again.

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
dunno how he got top forty last may

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
I'm just all beside myself with Charly doing well again. Nice to see him and JCF stepping up to the plate again.
Ferrero is no longer a force, but with Moyas heavy groundstrokes and serve with adept volleying, he is a force.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
yay carlos. i love this year.

for him, any win is a win. because he could show up with his one groundstoke and double faults or he could actually come with his game, and you never really know.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts
yay carlos. i love this year.

for him, any win is a win. because he could show up with his one groundstoke and double faults or he could actually come with his game, and you never really know.
and I see he isnt a tool anymore ;)

·
This space for rent.
612 Posts
Ferrero is no longer a force, but with Moyas heavy groundstrokes and serve with adept volleying, he is a force.
I disagree. Neither player has ever come back to the kind of shape that saw them top the charts years ago. But, at the top of their games, there was nary a ray of sunshine between the two. Whereas as Moya obviously has the physique to be the more powerful of the two stroke-wise, JCF, at his best, had the mobility to make-up for the relative lack of power vis-a-vis Moya. And I say 'relative' because Ferrero's FH was just as dominant as Moya's -- again, when both were at their respective peaks -- and his BH, while not a weapon, was alway better/more reliable than Charly's.

While neither player lasted long at their peak due to injuries -- Moya's shoulder and back -- or disease -- JCF's chickenpox -- I certainly don't think there's much to pick between the two. If anything and while I am glad that both finally seem somewhat on the upside after their long slumps, I'd make the case that due to age alone, JCF has a better shot at winning a tourney here or there and/or sneaking back into the top-ten.

Finally, I wish them both the best and wouldn't mind being wrong either way.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
his BH was alway better/more reliable than Charly's.
moya's dad probably has a better backhand than carlos.

but i love JCF, so i hope he does well still. and carlos is having a better year this year than he has had in a long time, so let's hope it continues. i still think its funny that they've both been number one, and rafael has yet to get there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts