·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Besides, he's always peaking for Chennai, just as for Buenos Aires and Umag

Just let his racket do the talking :)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Hope he will, he is so good I wish him luck and a bit more tennis & no early retirement

Play for next 10 years Moya

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Mark my words, this guy will finish this year in top10, amazing stuff.:devil:
Didn't he peak when he won RG and was #1? :confused:

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
He has always played well in Chennai. Also expect some great tennis from him in Rome. Top 10? Why not. Clowns like Robredo have been there recently so why not a veteran.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Didn't they win the French Open too? double :confused:
Corretja never won it.

Moya *is* having a renaissance though. 2007 was his best year in some while and he did play remarkably today. Granted, he often plays great at the start of the season, but this is a great start on the back of 12 months of solid results. Perhaps he's been doing dome Agassi-like off court work and wants to give it another go before he hangs it all up.

He could make it back to the top 5 if he really wanted it...

·
yawn
10,517 Posts
Corretja never won it.

Moya *is* having a renaissance though. 2007 was his best year in some while and he did play remarkably today. Granted, he often plays great at the start of the season, but this is a great start on the back of 12 months of solid results. Perhaps he's been doing dome Agassi-like off court work and wants to give it another go before he hangs it all up.

He could make it back to the top 5 if he really wanted it...
Injuries have been bothering him throughout his career, and in 2007 he stayed quite healthy. Hope he can keep it like that.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Ivan said Gonzo would finish 2007 ranked #2 after his amazing AO 2007 run, and look what happened. Just because Moya played well this week, doesn't mean he will for the remainder of the year (indeed, he will probably fall away indoors, for instance).

Top 20, yes. Top 10, no - I can think of 12-13 guys who, over the course of the year, can out-perform him.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Corretja and Costa mugs? :haha::haha::haha:

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
While I do not have great faith that Moya will reach the top ten- I think it is very commendable that he has sustained a fairly high level of play at his age. Outside of 1999- he has won a tournament every year since 1995. And in 1999- he lost the finals of IW in five sets. He still does a great job out there- and seems to enjoy it.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
It will sound sentimental, but I've got a lot of memories with Moya, from the very beginning of his career. Especially I remember his 1997 AO run - I was ill that time, was lying in bed and I saw ALL his matches. And it was the first (and only) tournament I've seen from the beginning to the end

Ah, enough with that

1 - 20 of 39 Posts