Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Ferrero really did have a stinker of a draw at Roland Garros. Coria, Gaudio, Agassi, Safin. That's dreadful! Especially seeing as he was 1-3 against Gaudio, going into that match. Not to suggest that Costa had a soft draw mind you, his was just as bad - on paper, that is...

I had expected more of a match from Coria at Roland Garros - that is, I expected him to take a set or two. But I suppose that Ferrero played really well that match, or he would not have said it was one of his best performance there. Of course ESPN was too busy mourning the loss of Andy Roddick to show matches for the next week and a half :)

Coria hasn't done much at the French Open, but he's gotten terrible draws. Guga in the first round in 2001, then Ferrero early in 2002. Hopefully he - and Gaudio as well - get some decent breaks this year. For the love of God, let one of them draw Roddick as their earliest seed...

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
oh no.... well, Guga had his chances, but lost his concentration on important points I guess... he had 2 set points I think?

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Hmmm... I sense this is one of those matches that Kuerten would have been able to close out comfortably a couple of years ago, but which he's now struggling in due to the physical problems that he's had. He was serving for the first set, wasn't he? And once he lost the tiebreak, I think the physical factor played a huge part in that second-set collapse.

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Guga was really dominating in the first set until 5-3, he just lost his concentration, like 2 days ago against Saretta... he said it's normal because it's his first clay tournament for a long time, and soon it will be like before... I think he's as good as before, it's just a matter of concentration..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Guga played well in the first set, but he looked tired in the second and Moya played really good too ...

unofficial stats from the match :

Guga player Moya
4 aces 4
4 double fauls 1
48% First Serve 62%
66% pts won on 1 serve 77%
48% pts won on 2 serve 57%
24 winners 32
10/14 net points 8/13
1/1 break points 4/9
28 unforced errors 16

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Well, that was a tough match to cheer for.
I like both of them, They are my favs. So i am happy and a bit sad at the same time. But this may happen in Acapulco as well, since they are playing well.

OK then the final will be "Moyá vs mini-Moyá"
interesting match to see

·
Registered
470 Posts
Go Coria... I think he's the underdog here... I always prefer underdogs...

I want Coria to win because Moya's been there and done that... Coria is starting to realise his potential and I think with his confidence sky-high....he'll give Moya a good match....

However, reality will prevail in the end though..... Moya has too much experience on his side....Moya to win his first title of the year... Moya 75 26 64

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I surely hope Moyke will win the match, his first tournement from the year. He is so good on clay.
Coria is young and indeed he is at the beginning of his career and if you are a fan from him i can understand you want him to win. But maybe he can win another tournement? But not from moyke. =))

61 - 80 of 80 Posts