Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moya Beats Coria in Three Sets for Second AT&T Title

SportsTicker

BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (Feb. 23) -- Top seed Carlos Moya of Spain captured his second Copa AT&T on Sunday, posting a three-set victory over No. 8 Guillermo Coria of Argentina in the final of the $380,000 clay-court event.

Moya defeated Coria 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 to win his first title of the year and the 12th of his career.

Sunday's triumph was harder to come by than the first Buenos Aires title for Moya, who notched his first career ATP title here in 1995 with a 6-0, 6-3 victory over countryman Felix Mantilla.

The 26-year-old Spaniard, who took home a first prize of $52,000, beat Coria for the second time in as many meetings.

Coria was foiled in his bid for his second career title, but picked up $30,600.

02-23-03 14:46 ET

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
That came off as rather miserable, didn't it? Blame it on the bloody bus ride, that made me ill and drained me of all energy...

I'd like to see a new champion of what I call the "rinky dinky clay tournaments" ... just my little term of the smaller clay court tournaments that seem to take place at the strangest times.

Here is hoping for a new Champ in Mexico. But congrats to Carlos for this week ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts