Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Helmet took off from the impact of Edwards' bike. Rossi was there too, fellow compatriot of Simoncelli and a good friend of his aswell. Such a talent, such a personality has left us. R.I.P Mr. Crazy Hair

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
what a sad day

he was one of the most exciting to watch although he was taking many risks in his races

RIP :sad:

·
Registered
100,161 Posts
terrible, no words

RIP Marco:sad:

·
Premium Member
96,462 Posts
RIP

Terrible week of motor sport in general.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
RIP

Just another unreal crash, really no words; woke up just to see the race and then something like this happens..

Hope Marco is in a better place right now...

·
Banned
17,155 Posts
terrible. RIP Marco.

not the best time to say but I was fearing smth like this anytime given his driving style.

·
Premium Member
20,524 Posts
What a week... RIP.

·
Registered
65,539 Posts
Just heard about it on the radio. :sad: And to be honest I'm seriously happy that I couldn't watch the MotoGP race this weekend because I don't want to know how it happened.

Horrible news as MotoGP has lost one of its most talented riders. He will be deeply missed. :sobbing:

RIP

·
Registered
19,148 Posts
So talented and his personality was fun too. Still feeling really numb and it's been a while since the news. Mentioned it with Dan Wheldon and same thing applies now, you never really are prepared for it when it happens even if you know it's a dangerous sport. Shocking all the same.

RIP.

·
Registered
65,539 Posts
Paul Butler opened the press conference, saying: “The purpose of this press conference is to apprise you of the circumstances that resulted in the tragic death of Marco Simoncelli. You know who we all are, the Race Direction; Claude Danis who is the FIM representative, Javier Alonso the Dorna representative, Franco Uncini the riders’ representative, and I’m Paul Butler the IRTA representative and Race Director. Michele Macchiagodena is our Medical Director and he will explain to you the circumstances that resulted in this death.”

Michele Macchiagodena said: “I’m very sad to be here to report about the death of Marco Simoncelli, a friend. Because of the crash he had during the race, in which he was hit by other riders, he suffered a very serious trauma to the head, to the neck and the chest. When our medical staff got to him he was unconscious. In the ambulance because there was a cardiac arrest they started CPR (cardiac pulmonary resuscitation). Immediately in the Medical Centre, with the help also of the Doctor of our staff at the Clinica Mobile and local Doctors, he was intubated and it was possible to take off some blood from the thorax. The CPR was continued for 45 minutes because we tried to help him for as long as we thought it was possible. Unfortunately it was not possible to help him and at 16:56 (local time) we had to declare he was dead.”

Paul Butler responded to a question about Marco Simoncelli’s helmet coming off in the crash by saying: “I think if I may reply, that will be for another occasion. Quite clearly the consequences and circumstances surrounding the accident will be thoroughly investigated.”

Answering a question about the condition of Colin Edwards, who was involved in the incident, Michele Macchiagodena said: “He had a dislocation of the shoulder and with anaesthesia the shoulder now is in the correct position. He is fine.”

Paul Butler concluded the press conference by adding: “Our sympathies go to his family and we want to show every respect possible to Marco.”

Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Race+Direction+press+conference+Simoncelli+Sepang

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
oh my god, marco....i cant believe my eyes everytime i see the video....=( marco :hug: he was such a great talent and most charismatic guy in the gp i think, by far.we will miss you every day.be happy where are you right now....

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
Unspeakably sad.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Terrible tragedy.

His father's expression is heartbreaking

·
Banned
4,017 Posts
He didn't deserve this. He was a clever, funny, honest guy. He was really a simple person, I already miss him.
Life is unfair. Simoncelli father :hug:
RIP Marco. Forever in out hearts.

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
rough...

all high speed racers walk on thin ice... they all know this... however, where wheldon's death looked needless from an organisational perspective, moto racers are exposed to the max day in day out by comparison for their roll cage is their rib cage...

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Yeah I have huge respect for these guys. Some of the injuries they cop are absolutely brutal and unfortunately Simoncelli copped the worst. No doubting the courage of Moto GP riders. I remember seeing **** Doohans leg a couple of times in person and it never looks pretty.

I have not watched much Moto GP in the last two years compared to the years before that so I am not familiar with Simoncelli other than his days in the junior classes but from what I remember he seemed like a very likeable guy. Was a very entertaining rider to watch and it would have been great to see what he could have achieved on a faster bike. RIP Marco. Have not seen the crash and I have no intentions to view it. Sounded like it was pretty bad.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Rossi may quit now with MotoGP forever, he said he felt the impact underneath his bike, and that life after this makes no sense, Simoncelli was like his little brother.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
Rossi may quit now with MotoGP forever, he said he felt the impact underneath his bike, and that life after this makes no sense, Simoncelli was like his little brother.
i think so too

1 - 20 of 25 Posts