Mens Tennis Forums banner

Should PopCon Be Ended?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it must happen. PopCon has long been an attention-seeking contest in order to make other posters feel bad.

Mods feel that PopCon encourages good posting, when it's the exact opposite. Posters try to act all nice, and then one PopCon is over they go and hide for the next 12 months. Now that we have the ACC back, I feel that it's time to end this nonsense contest.

It also hurts people's feelings if they are not widely liked on this forum. I have MTF's utmost support in this endeavor, and I hope the mods agree with the other forumers.

I would.We don't need shameful campaigning anymore.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Who waid Popcon encouraged good posting? It generally encourages the increase in green reps and use of social media in order to gain votes. It's basically politics.

It's good for a larf, but gimme Miss/Mr MTF any day.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
It was fun, so no. Besides I don't think people feel that bad about it. I didn't make it past preliminary rounds, but I didn't feel bad about it at all. It was a way for us to show which posters we like. Sure people fish for votes and stuff, but who cares. It's sure better than an ACC contest.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who waid Popcon encouraged good posting? It generally encourages the increase in green reps and use of social media in order to gain votes. It's basically politics.

It's good for a larf, but gimme Miss/Mr MTF any day.
No one waid anything. In fact, I don't even know how one can waid.

Nah, but in all seriousness, PopCon was kept while ACC was cancelled because of the fact that it wasn't about trolling but rather good posting. However, it's the opposite.

Unless you can give me a different valid reason to why PopCon was kept while ACC was binned?
It was fun, so no. Besides I don't think people feel that bad about it. I didn't make it past preliminary rounds, but I didn't feel bad about it at all. It was a way for us to show which posters we like. Sure people fish for votes and stuff, but who cares. It's sure better than an ACC contest.
Again, it's subjective. To me, it was not fun last year and it won't ever be fun. The point is to see what the general MTF consensus is.

Hell, even the reigning champ wants it canned :shrug:

·
Banned
3,862 Posts
It should be canceled.The last two "winners" were joke, totally undeserved.There were at least 20 more honest/better quality posters each year.Like I've said, we don't need shameful campaigning anymore(especially if it's done outside MTF).

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I hate all the "contests" here at MTF. They are all so mean and nasty. All that really happens is one person wins, but a number of other posters earn bans for their bad behavior. And the "contests" just encourage bad behavior IMHO.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hate all the "contests" here at MTF. They are all so mean and nasty. All that really happens is one person wins, but a number of other posters earn bans for their bad behavior. And the "contests" just encourage bad behavior IMHO.
Very good point here :D

*Note that rutinos forgot to vote, so it's looking pretty even right now

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Even if 80% of MTF wanted Popcon gone, that's no reason to ban it. Totally harmless thing, much less so than stopping something of that nature.
I've already given my reason to why it's harmful.

Sounds like you would prefer MTF to be a dictatorship over a democracy :shrug:

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Because banning things the majority disagree with in the hallmark of a functioning democracy :rolleyes:
How do you know the majority disagree? Poll is pretty damn even.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, that was theoretical in response to your post. But yes, it looks as if the majority like it anyway
We'll see about that ^.^

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the sake of argument, is simply ignoring the popcon an option? Since right now the poll is in favour of keeping it.

KN Community Support
The poll has only 8 voters, so I think we should wait for more input.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Nine votes now, but some people that wanted it ended didn't vote in the poll. Let's face it Dylan most posters want all the contests they can get! Why I don't know :shrug: If it is held, I'll personally just ignore it ;)

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Nine votes now, but some people that wanted it ended didn't vote in the poll. Let's face it Dylan most posters want all the contests they can get! Why I don't know :shrug: If it is held, I'll personally just ignore it ;)
I'm not interested in contests much. I don't participate in much of MTF games. But pop con is not that bad at least from what I've seen last year. It was fun to say the least. May be you should give a try ;)

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
I'm not interested in contests much. I don't participate in much of MTF games. But pop con is not that bad at least from what I've seen last year. It was fun to say the least. May be you should give a try ;)
Popcon is a great contest and definitely fun, for me at least. you'll see a lot of posters complimenting each other, it's pretty enjoyable but it can get nasty at times, with some insults, some of the campaigns, etc. We've seen how much drama there was last year for example, but tbh, all the drama is very entertaining, and I enjoy it a lot. So I'm not in favour of ending the Popcon, it should stay. It's a fun contest. If you don't wish to participate, then please just withdraw.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts