Mens Tennis Forums banner

Should 'haters in ruins' posts and similar baiting posts/images/gifss be banned?

• Total voters
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
Are we sure we wanna censor every little thing that jumps over the horizon? That Mark My Words thing was limited a couple of months ago because a certain user (after which a group) was using it all over the place. So, we randomly censor this one now, and then the next, and so on, until nobody can keep track of what was censored and what was not. I say we only keep an eye out for the posters that use any kind of phrase repeatedly and call those forum disruptions, without strictly focusing on one phrase.

So, if you see posters using the same annoying phrases everywhere, report them or PM us and mention for us a few other links where they used the same phrase. It will be easier than censoring random phrases all the time.
you are bang on, Slasher. There have been calls for other words/phrases to be banned.
Here are some I recall: ajde; vulture; swear words; replies to posts that only contain the word "this"; very nice boy; this request to ban masterclass from signing off his posts; mug.

You mods could probably find more. And as you point out, a lot of these words and phrases lose steam and peter out on their own. ;)

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Right on Kat :yeah: I remember the ajde drove me crazy for some reason even through I'm a big fan of Ana Ivanovic who uses the word.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
If you're gonna ban "Haters in ruins" then you'll have to ban similar things like "More talented player won" or "More talented player lost", "Bad for tennis" or "Tennis saved", "Disgusting result", "Bad for humanity", and statements like "lucky cheating arrogant pusher does it again", "Boring pusher, weak era, predictable results, pathetic fans", "[insert player] is a terrible human being"... :shrug:

If there are no personal attacks or similar I don't see why certain expressions should be banned.
^^^ This sums it up

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
If you're gonna ban "Haters in ruins" then you'll have to ban similar things like "More talented player won" or "More talented player lost", "Bad for tennis" or "Tennis saved", "Disgusting result", "Bad for humanity", and statements like "lucky cheating arrogant pusher does it again", "Boring pusher, weak era, predictable results, pathetic fans", "[insert player] is a terrible human being"... :shrug:
Agreed, all these phrases generally show up in most results threads and all are annoying, but usually they are a quick scroll and I'm past it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts