Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me bad loss against Bautista Agut in Auckland SF 2018 is most sucking.

How can player who is so good in hardcourt lose to the defensive player.
He won tournaments before and is very talented and then loses to random player.

What is most sucking Haase loss?

·
Registered
21,219 Posts

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
However. Rafa comfortably took set 4 and 5. In best of 5 set matches, leading by 2 sets to 1 happens all the time.
Sure, but he said he was never winning.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
He had Murray on the ropes at USO one time, I think 2014. Murray looked dead tired but Haase perhaps felt the fatigue too and lost from 2 sets to 1 up.

·
Banned
295 Posts
He may be a honest and ok person (see his candid Davis Cup comments in the other thread in General Messages) but I'm not sure in which world Haase losing to Kei Nishkori or Nadal is a 'sucky' loss.

He has had a relatively unspectacular 'journeyman' like career and Nadal, Niskori, Hewitt and Batista Agut should be beating him almost all the time quite comfortably.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm a fan, but sadly with Robin there are just a lot of loses so it would be hard to pick just one.

·
Registered
958 Posts
For me bad loss against Bautista Agut in Auckland SF 2018 is most sucking.

How can player who is so good in hardcourt lose to the defensive player.
He won tournaments before and is very talented and then loses to random player.

What is most sucking Haase loss?
Haase is more of a defensive player than RBA. And if RBA is a random player, then anybody outside top 10 is.

As far as the topic goes, this year Haase had many frustrating losses, he looked nervous and aggravated in most matches. In Gstaad he lost to #239 Galovic, who is a decent player on HC, but on clay is a random, random player (by your standards). Also lost to Ivashka on HC and few other "random" players like that.

Still, he had a very good win vs Rublev in Croatia. He played at a very high level and kept his cool then.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,606 Posts
I only ever seem to remember when he wins, never when he loses.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Way too many to pick from sadly:)

·
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
292 Posts
He may be a honest and ok person (see his candid Davis Cup comments in the other thread in General Messages) but I'm not sure in which world Haase losing to Kei Nishkori or Nadal is a 'sucky' loss.

He has had a relatively unspectacular 'journeyman' like career and Nadal, Niskori, Hewitt and Batista Agut should be beating him almost all the time quite comfortably.
Haase was ranked higher at that point of their careers, don't think he would've be beaten by Nishikori almost all the time. He was up 6-0 4-1 and still went on to lose the match

·
Banned
295 Posts
Right. I thought people were talking about a recent match of Haase vs Nishikori I didn't even notice it was 7 years ago :)

But I still think he would be the outsider in most of these head to heads.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
i no believe you. You know sucky haase loss.

You are most sucking poster!
Why pour salt into an already hardened fan base. We have to endure so much in our lives. And now you ask me to identify the most sour of all grapes:frown2:

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

It's sucky cause those were big chances for him to get a big win, as he was in leading positions.

I've been hearing RBA played great in that match(as did Haase), Nadal is Nadal, so I stand by my pick of not getting past 2014Ray at USO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts