Votes: 34 37.0%
  • other

Votes: 11 12.0%
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just talking about overhype compared to actual results.

Which player do you think gets too much hype considering their level of achievement?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Monfils.

Dolgopolov is young and has plenty of time to develop. People have been hyping up Clownfils for years expecting him to break through and do something significant and he has disappointed time and time again.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Monfils.

Dolgopolov is young and has plenty of time to develop. People have been hyping up Clownfils for years expecting him to break through and do something significant and he has disappointed time and time again.
he's 22. that's the tail end of "young" in pro tennis, and entering middle age for tennis.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Djokovic probably. He gets so much hype that I would have guessed that he has 16 majors.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
he's 22. that's the tail end of "young" in pro tennis, and entering middle age for tennis.
Young in terms of time on tour. He's been playing full time ATP only 2 years now. Isner isn't young either, but he's only been around for a few years on tour. People aren't saying Dolgopolov will be number one with the same certainty as some people say of Tomic or Dimitrov.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
honestly I haven't noticed much hype around any of these players lately so a bit of an odd questionn....

people have talking of Tsonga possibly finally making big runs and upping the ranking but not too much hyphe

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Djokovic probably. He gets so much hype that I would have guessed that he has 16 majors.
no, "only" 3 majors, 5 defeats in a row over one of the greatest players of all time, and one of the most extraordinary match records in history.

that's all.

Reactions: Seingeist

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
In this moment I'm inclined to say Young, but his bandwagon will crash and burn soon enough.

Nadal and Djokovic are overhyped by their fellow players.

·
Registered
889 Posts
In this moment I'm inclined to say Young, but his bandwagon will crash and burn soon enough.

Nadal and Djokovic are overhyped by their fellow players.
How on earth is Nadal overhyped? That doesn't even make sense. Do you even know why Hype means?

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Overall: Djokovic.

Right now: Federer. Zero slams in almost two years. Zero masters in approaching a year.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Overall: Djokovic.

Right now: Federer. Zero slams in almost two years. Zero masters in approaching a year.
I’m puzzled about your reasoning for saying Djokovic is overhyped when he is the number one player with one of the best all time winning streaks this year? He’s only lost at two tournaments.

:scratch:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
On this forum Djokovic.

He's had a very good run sure, but his level of tennis is nothing we've not seen before. You'd think we were witnessing Jesus in tennis form or something

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m puzzled about your reasoning for saying Djokovic is overhyped when he is the number one player with one of the best all time winning streaks this year? He’s only lost at two tournaments.

:scratch:
hatred is rarely rational.

in other words, don't bother trying to get a reasonable response from the poster you're talking to.

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
How on earth is Nadal overhyped? That doesn't even make sense. Do you even know why Hype means?
Sure do. Overhype is the reason why players keep choking irrationally against Rafa whenever they have a chance to take him down.

·
Banned
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On this forum Djokovic.

He's had a very good run sure, but his level of tennis is nothing we've not seen before...
please name for me the last player to beat an all-time great 5 times in a row in the same year, and lose exactly 2 matches on the year prior to the us open while playing a full schedule.

you know, since you've seen this before and all.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts