Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rafa let his second AO slip away again, though he never really stood a chance against Novak in that match.

Novak will likely have to go through Nadal to get his second FO. Despite winning the 2015 QF matchup there against Rafa, it's a tall order.

I think Fraud will play well and surprise people at RG this year, but I'd be cautious to pencil him in as the winner.

So, who's most likely to accomplish this feat?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
This AO was likely Nadal's last opportunity and I don't believe Federer can win another RG, so Djokovic is the most likely of the three, or rather the least unlikely.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'd give an edge to Djokovic over Nadal because 1) he's a year younger and 2) Nadal now has one fewer opportunity at the AO than Djokovic has at the FO. I think both guys have much, much better chances than Federer due to their much younger ages and the fact Federer hasn't played the clay court season for a while.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
You're glory fans here. Double career slam is already achieved long ago in the open era by Haase. At least twice exited at a slam in the first round. Even better his numbers are impressive:

Australian open: 8 times, 6 streak from 2012 to 2018

Roland Garros: 5 times

Wimbledon: 4 times

US open: 6 times

Two things of course stand out here. His impressive streak down under. And that Wimbledon is his toughest slam. But upsets are more likely to happen there so that might be expected.

·
justice for all
13,164 Posts
This AO was likely Nadal's last opportunity and I don't believe Federer can win another RG, so Djokovic is the most likely of the three, or rather the least unlikely.
People keep saying it every year. Still dull somehow makes it far every next year. This year, if not for faker he would most likely get there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well the only one and one only who can achieve this supreme herculean job will be surely named the GOAT......unless it will not be Fed in which case we, all the fedtards, we will claim high and loud that does not mean a shi* !

Envoyé de mon SM-N960F en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yeah, saying that this year's AO was Rafa's last chance is ridiculous. He surely has a couple of more chances left in him.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Well the only one and one only who can achieve this supreme herculean job will be surely named the GOAT......unless it will not be Fed in which case we, all the fedtards, we will claim high and loud that does not mean a shi* !
Well it doesn't, if you're comparing it to something better. Winning 3 of the Slams 5 times and the other once, is obviously superior to winning each of them twice. Just another fake trinket dreamed up by MTFers with too much time on their hands.

·
Registered
574 Posts

Envoyé de mon SM-N960F en utilisant Tapatalk
Winning all four 2019 GS and 6 in a row would certainly cement Novak's legacy as the tennis player who achieved almost everything you could achieve in tennis. Then in 2020 he can continue his pursuit for the GS21 at which point he can keep going or /uninstall tennis and enjoy life as the Greatest Tennis Player of All Time.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Well I'd say that Nadal and Djokovic's chances are much higher than Federer's. I'd give Djokovic a slight edge seeing as how he's more likely to beat Nadal in an RG final than Nadal is to beat Djokovic in an AO final (if the most difficult path to the title is taken into consideration).

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Djokovic, 51 % (if he stayed fit for the next two RG at least)

Nadal, 50 % (if he stayed fit for the two more AO at least, KIA will take care he is bery, bery happy with the happy slam draws till 2023 at least)

Federer, anything between 5 % and 50 %, depending on his will to put his 100% effort there and the fitness level of Nadal/Djokovic in 2019 and 2020.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Djokovic has the best shot.

It'd be funny if Wawrinka gets the CGS though.
It wouldn't be funny, it'd be well deserved. However I don't see him winning Wimbledon with his average return. He'll have too many shanks as he usually does to go deep.

Frankly I would rate the chances of Berdych higher than Wawrinka and I don't rate Berdych's chances at all.

·
Registered
284 Posts
We mostlu know how the draw for the french will be as most likely nole and rafa will be seeded 1 and 2 and that means that federer have to go through one of them to reach the final, but it doesn't seem likely that any of them will loose before that.

So I wouldn't be surprissed that nole cakewalks into to the final and rafa have to go through a match with fed and goes into the final tired.

And nole get his nole slam and the double slam, but nole seems like the safe bet since he hasn't to face rafe before the final and the road seem much harder for federer

1 - 18 of 18 Posts