Mens Tennis Forums banner

Most important stat for No1e Fam

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Being a Novak fan, I've always struggled to come up with the most important career stat for Novak to achieve.

What is the most important thing for Novak from his fans' perspective?

What wud be the one thing to choose right now and be content with by the time he retires even if he misses out on the others?

Lets the views rain in!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I meant was which of the above unachieved stat is the top priority now?

Undisputed AO GOAT is a fantastic achievement already...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Not a Djokovic fan, but if he "only" won 12 GS he'd have to make the other four or other similar feats (e.g. lots of MM/WTF) to enter the GOAT debate. That said, I believe he'll end up with more than 12 GS.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a Djokovic fan, but if he "only" won 12 GS he'd have to make the other four or other similar feats (e.g. lots of MM/WTF) to enter the GOAT debate. That said, I believe he'll end up with more than 12 GS.
Thats why said 'Atleast 12 Grandslams'.

Anyways, if he does manage 12 GS with a French too, rest of his stats are already pretty strong...be it WTF, No. 1 weeks, Masters records, H2Hs etc, with a strong 2-3 years left.

I for starters wud be happy for him to complete the Career Grandslam first by winning the French...

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
What I meant was which of the above unachieved stat is the top priority now?

Undisputed AO GOAT is a fantastic achievement already...
1. Weeks at №1
2. Slams/WTF
3. Masters

or Djokovic can cheat the system winning CYGS on 3 different surfaces which would make him de facto the GOAT:wavey:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
If he does not win Cincinnati he is nobody (the real u.s. open), nobody I tell you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If he does not win Cincinnati he is nobody (the real u.s. open), nobody I tell you.
Wow! Is Cincinnati so elite?

But curiously enough, he seems to getting to the finals pretty easily only to lose it at the final hurdle...

5 Cincinnati Finals & 4 US Open finals with just 1 USO title to show is a mini tragedy! :sad:

Frankly, he had no right losing a few of them!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
FO is realistic target.
Wimby also.
Cincinnati must have.
UO is icing on the cake.
And there you gow CYGS.
Next year Olympic gold, and this man can brag that he did something nobody did before.

If there should be only one (but why would anybody limit him to just one ??????? ) FO, duh.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
5 Australian Opens. Undisputed AO GOAT. Only Nadal has achieved the same undisputed status at RG.
AO record is 6.

If he can win 7 AO titles then that will remain his most important record till the end of his career no matter what.

In order of importance:

7 AO titles
Career Golden Slam
6 AO titles
Career Slam
Weeks at #1
Career Masters

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Wow! Is Cincinnati so elite?

But curiously enough, he seems to getting to the finals pretty easily only to lose it at the final hurdle...

5 Cincinnati Finals & 4 US Open finals with just 1 USO title to show is a mini tragedy! :sad:

Frankly, he had no right losing a few of them!
Djoko always gets the hardest possible draws and schedules at US Open.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts