Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what your favourite ever single GrandSlam was.

So far for me this Aussie could become one of my best ever already in first week we have had great matches, lots of 5 setters, loads of stuff happening to liven it up (Baghdatis incident, Fed sick, Nalb back), lots of upsetds but the true favourites still in.

Before this my favourite was last year's AO.

So whats yours? It can be from any year and Grandslam by the way not just AO.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Wimbledon 2001 was pretty crazy too

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Australia always gives great matches and surprises.

Also I love it becouse it's during summer vacations in Argentina and I can spend all night watching tennis!!! (today from 10pm to 2pm, just sleeping after fed-tipsy match until Hew-Baggy 4th set).

AUSTRALIA RULES!!!

I still can't forget Younes vs Roddick in 2003, Cañas vs Henman in 2005, Baggy vs Nalbandian, when it started to rain on MP!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
05/07/08 Aussies were all real great. I can't think any of the others compare...maybe 2005 Wimb was quite good too...I can't think of any more.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
huge advantage for AO is that all players are coming with fresh legs and it's a chilling Grand Slam compared to the other three.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm telling you every year this is the best Grand Slam
Yep, yep, yep.
I don't know how people can say they prefer the others/ the others hold more weight. Year on year, the AO has always been my favourite. And this year has just been :eek: amazing; I just wish I was in Australia to witness it first hand :yeah:

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
This is another great year at the Aussie Open. The only thing I don't like about the Aussie Open is that it essentially runs from 6:00 p.m. for me through the night. So- sleep schedule gets a little wacky.

We have had some great and/or dramatic matches (on men's and the women's side), some backstories as has been stated, and it seems that the surface- after all the worry, is actually working out pretty well.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
I loved all the slams Safin has reached the final in, especially Australian Open 2004.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
The Australian Open is easily the best grand slam. It has the best matches, the best atmosphere from the crowd, and the best facilities.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
There were already 5 breathtaking matches this year:
Roddick - Kohlschreiber (whatever you say about Andy)
Safin - Baghdatis (2 fantastic players)
Federer - Tipsarevic (big fight from serb)
Blake - Grosjean (incredible comeback of James)
Hewitt - Baghdatis (i haven't seen it, but think it was great, was it?)

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
and some genius said that the AO is the MM slam :rolleyes:

this tournament ROCKS!!!!! :rocker2:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts