Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
50,906 Posts
Djokovic 2010 and 2011 USO SF, 3 of the 4 MP saved were insane, of course THE SHOT as well as a FH swing volley winner in 2010

And then Wimbledon 2008 F, 4th set TB 7-7, Nadal FH pass from the Isle of Man, and then Fed saving MP with BH DTL off of Rafa's trademark CC FH

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Federer's lob against Agassi in Dubai 2005 was pretty pretty good..

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Rios made a drop volley winner with his butt cap once in Rome. :)

·
|
15,608 Posts
Not a winner because the opponent played a shot afterward, but its the most difficult tweener ever hit, completely unplanned and completely off-balanced-

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Wimbledon final 2007, the crucial BP in the fifth:

So many good shots in that rally from both players, with unbelievable mobility and technique.

To appreciate the final shot fully, you need to watch it in slo-mo and keep your eyes on Fed's footwork and body shape.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The Federer shot from 2002 is probably the best I have ever seen. But the first one from this video is a stroke that I cannot imagine being repeated, it's almost impossible to pull off:

·
|
15,608 Posts
Garbage. Look at this tweener instead. There are many more, but not gonna get into that.
That tweener is the EASIEST type of tweener to hit, because he was completely balanced, didn't jump, and had plenty of time to plan it.
Whereas Rafa was completely off-balanced, jumping while he hit it, and had no time to plan it!
Rafa's tweener is the most off-balanced and the most unplanned in the history of tennis.

·
|
15,608 Posts
The Federer shot from 2002 is probably the best I have ever seen. But the first one from this video is a stroke that I cannot imagine being repeated, it's almost impossible to pull off:

I've done a bunch of those in practice, its a simple spank shot, its easy but players don't like taking the risk of overhitting it or hitting it into the net.....and that is why Krygios doesn't do it regularly.....he's afraid.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
That tweener is the EASIEST type of tweener to hit, because he was completely balanced, didn't jump, and had plenty of time to plan it.
Whereas Rafa was completely off-balanced, jumping while he hit it, and had no time to plan it!
Rafa's tweener is the most off-balanced and the most unplanned in the history of tennis.
Don't be ridiculous, that tweener from Nadal was a nice improvisation shot but it is a joke compared to other tweeners that have ended up being winners.

The most difficult tweeners are those you rarely see: lob winners.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've done a bunch of those in practice, its a simple spank shot, its easy but players don't like taking the risk of overhitting it or hitting it into the net.....and that is why Krygios doesn't do it regularly.....he's afraid.
Post up a video some time, we'd all love to see your 100mph forehand.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts