Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the most dangerous unseeded player in Wimbledon 2011?

• Ivo Karlovic

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Ivan Ljubicic

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • John Isner

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Radek Stepanek

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Philipp Petzschner

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Kei Nishikori

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Lleyton Hewitt

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Xavier Malisse

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Feliciano Lopez

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Philipp Kohlschreiber

Votes: 17 28.3%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
i think kohlschreiber, muller and petzschner are all extremely dangerous

kohli probably being the biggest one if he keeps up his form from halle

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still hope that Grigor Dimitrov will have his breakthrough ;)

But I recognized that there are a lot of dark horses that can be a hurdle for the top 32 ;)

Especially in the bottom quarter: Blake, Robredo, Tursunov, Gulbis, Zverev, Lu, Petzschner, Hewitt, Nishikori or Ward! All dangerous on grass :)

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Kohlschreiber, Petzschner, Ljubicic, Isner, Karlovic are dangerous and I'd rank them in that order. No top seed would like them in their draw. Hewitt, Malisse, Stepanek are dangerous being such veterans and having a proven grass game.

I would also have included Ward and Lu in the poll i think. They got darkhorse potential. And maybe removed Nishikori

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,453 Posts
Ward and Lopez could do some damage. Petzschner and Schuettler too. l Can't think of any others.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Soderling's draw looks very open.

Petzchner, Nishikori, Malisse, Soderling, even Tursunov - all can make quaterfinal here.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Kohlschreiber, Petzschner, Ljubicic, Isner, Karlovic are dangerous and I'd rank them in that order. No top seed would like them in their draw. Hewitt, Malisse, Stepanek are dangerous being such veterans and having a proven grass game.
Ljubicic is 6-11 at Wimbledon and 2-10 vs Top-40 players on grass in his career.

·
Banned
185 Posts
Kohly and Petzschner

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Ljubicic is 6-11 at Wimbledon and 2-10 vs Top-40 players on grass in his career.
yeah but his serve looked so good in RG that you'd think he can get even top20 players to TBs. Got to think that some year before it is to late he will cause some trouble in Wimbledon. I've learned that the man called Legenda must always be seen as dangerous

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I would vote for Isner or Karlovic if Hewitt's foot is bothering him. But how do you not even have Fognini as an option? :)

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Lopez has a good draw and he's in good form. Kohli and Picasso can do some damage as well...

·
A happy person
44,909 Posts
Marcel Granollers ;)

Seriously, I think Karlovic and he also has quite good draw so I guess if he plays well, he can play QF.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
Marcel Granollers ;)

Seriously, I think Karlovic and he also has quite good draw so I guess if he plays well, he can play QF.
this......karlovic is the man, good luck carrying him out......

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Dancevic assuming he qualifies

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Picasso is very dangerous if he could just get his act together and become a more confident player

1 - 20 of 21 Posts