Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Kohlschreiber is the most likely to take a set off of a top player, but certainly not the most likely to beat one - he's mentally too weak.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Lleyton Hewitt. I think he got past the 4th round in a GS once.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
I think Kohlschreiber will win at least a set regardless of who he draws. It could even be argued that against any non-Federer seed, the match will be on his racket/will be his to choke, which he will of course.

Another dangerous R1 opponent is Dolgopolov, he runs so hot and cold. Muller can be dangerous, but anyone on the top 10 will probably beat him over 5 even if Muller is on fire due to his terrible return game on grass.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Dolgopolov or Muller. Kohlschreiber will just choke.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Dolgopolov or Muller. Kohlschreiber will just choke.
True, but it's not like Dolgo and Muller are known for their legendary mental strength or anything.

Janowicz deserves a shout here too, he's a recentish SFist at the tournament (albeit with a cakewalk draw), he looked decent in Halle and he can always have one of those days where his mindless ballbashing is working and take out a high seeded player before being unsensationally routined by some random non-entity in the following round.

·
Bring it Home
20,988 Posts
Pretty much anyone with a good serve and/or a very agressive game on fire.

Grass is always real fast in Day 1 and 2.

Nobody mentioned Dustin Brown, he'll be very dangerous coming of the qualifying, with already rhytm in the courts.

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Pretty much anyone with a good serve and/or a very agressive game on fire.

Grass is always real fast in Day 1 and 2.

Nobody mentioned Dustin Brown, he'll be very dangerous coming of the qualifying, with already rhytm in the courts.
Dodig too, but they still have to make it through.

·
Bring it Home
20,988 Posts
Dodig too.
Yeah, Dogig too.

But Brown would be more dangerous than Dodig I guess, has a bigger serve, a bigger frame to play in the net and gives less rhytm to the opponent.

Of course, he also can be in a very clownish day and lose 6/3 6/2 6/0. :lol:

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Lleyton Hewitt. I think he got past the 4th round in a GS once.
I think he was number 1 in the world for quite a while. Also won the Masters Cup twice. Can think of a few players who haven't achieved that.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Probably Dolgopolov

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Clearly Dolgopolov.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Muller Rice for me.

Hopefully he get Djokovic early.
Grassray needs his victory over Nole to seal his return to the summit.

Although an easy slam win and an early Nole exit brings the No.1 closer. :worship:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Streaky players with big serves and big weapons. So as mentioned... D.Brown, Janowicz, Chardy.. All players who on random days when everything clicks could beat any player but equally could lose easily.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Mahut is more dangerous than Kohli and Muller

·
Registered
596 Posts
Kohli can take a set off anyone, and make every set close. But he will always find a way to lose, so he is not dangerous.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts