Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some great qf matches and its fair to say murray and nole will join tsonga and ferrer. If that is the case who has the hardest qf matchup?

I would say it goes in this order from hardest (most likely to upset) to easiest:

1. Fed-delpo ( delp won the last 2 of 3 matches but federer won the last meeting at cinci but against a lesser delpo than we are seeing right now)

2. Murray-tsonga ( murray has won the last 4 in a row although tsonga won in 2008 AO)

3. Nadal-berdych ( nadal won last 9 matches against birdy in a row although they will play in the day in 90 degree weather so the court will be faster plus birdy played 4 hrs)

4. Nole-ferrer

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
I see they upgraded Djokovic-Hewitt to a QF, sensible decision

Reactions: Looner

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Ferrer will have the hardest QF

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I'm just excited that they'll all be competitive matches- other than Nole getting schooled by Gasquerr

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Yeah this is a fail. Nole(or Hewitt :silly:) will get Gasquet or Ferrer.

But they are all dangerous. My prediction that 2 top4 will fall before SF remains.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
What are you talking about? He's not even in the QFs. Haven't you read the OP. Jeez.
What the hell is wrong with you ?

Let me rephrase, Ferrer or Gasquet will have the hardest QF opponent.

You disagree?

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Federer, against a very bad Delpo he only won 75 63 in Cincy. I imagine him losing a set, even the match if he chokes.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah oops. Should have been nole-ferrer but really i don't think it matters who nole faces in the qf he's not losing at that point at least.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
what i love to see is an army of rafatards being afraid of roger although they gloat about their idol's h2h vs the swiss...

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Federer, against a very bad Delpo he only won 75 63 in Cincy. I imagine him losing a set, even the match if he chokes.
Well granted it was for fed his opening match at cinci that he drew del po. The fed that played in the us open 2011 against tsonga, nole was a differnt level than that cinci fed to be fair here. Cinci was by far waay faster than any court they have ever played since wimbledon on to be fair as well.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a quick question about court conditions based on what you guys have seen. Has the AO 2012 generally been slower overall than the previous year? I've also heard that it's lower bouncing this year than in the past and reiterated by brad gilbert and daren cahill saying its lower bouncing but not as slow at night as last year and easier to hit throught the court which supposedly helped hewitt in his raonic match according to cahill... Thoughts?

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Just a quick question about court conditions based on what you guys have seen. Has the AO 2012 generally been slower overall than the previous year? I've also heard that it's lower bouncing this year than in the past and reiterated by brad gilbert and daren cahill saying its lower bouncing but not as slow at night as last year and easier to hit throught the court which supposedly helped hewitt in his raonic match according to cahill... Thoughts?
Navratilova, who actually practiced and played on the court, said it was slower than most clay courts.

·
Banned
163 Posts
Nadal def Berdych
Federer def Del Po
Djokovic def Ferrer
Tsonga def Murray

1 - 20 of 28 Posts