Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread for Trollicki I couldn't disappoint him. IMHO it is probably Djokovic, Never comes into the argument as the GOAT rightfully but is praised on here for being one of the greats of the game. :worship:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Gael Monfils

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Nieminen

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I agree about Djokovic.. the consensus here across the spectrum is that he is an All-time Great in the of tier Agassi-Lendl-McEnroe..Nobody, even his most rabid tards, is having the nerve to push him in the GOAT debate..Unless he has another 2011, it is pretty much his proper ceiling at this point...

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
GODig

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Djokovic and for all good reasons. His fan base (compared to Fed/Rafa/GOAT Dimitrov etc.) on MTF is still pretty small but most of neutral members here respect and appreciate him.

Other players who come to my mind ... Melzer, Chardy, Florian Mayer, Mahut.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
A thread for Trollicki I couldn't disappoint him. IMHO it is probably Djokovic, Never comes into the argument as the GOAT rightfully but is praised on here for being one of the greats of the game. :worship:
:worship:

I'd say that the rating of a player depends to a great degree from their play style; all courters and S/V'ers tend to be somewhat overrated, whereas grinders and servebots are underrated. Someone without any particular weapon would then be the most correctly rated player. Simon?

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Djokovic is most certainly the wrong answer to the OP.

No player is hyped like Djokovic, mainly because he has Fed fans banging his drum as well.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Djokovic is most certainly the wrong answer to the OP.

No player is hyped like Djokovic, mainly because he has Fed fans banging his drum as well.
And I will counter with Murray. He's found his rightful place at #8 in the world. And even when the Wimbledon points drop off, I'll be nice and still rank him at #8. None of this nonsense about Gulbis being the REAL No.8, it's Sir Murray.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
I agree about Djokovic.. the consensus here across the spectrum is that he is an All-time Great in the of tier Agassi-Lendl-McEnroe..Nobody, even his most rabid tards, is having the nerve to push him in the GOAT debate..Unless he has another 2011, it is pretty much his proper ceiling at this point...
Djokovic's resume is significantly worse than those players though.

he is a bit behind Agassi and Mccenroe (well, really more than a bit) and light years behind Lendl

don't even let me begin bringing up Ivan's stats, they are pretty great

1 - 20 of 44 Posts