Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am watching statistics from match Capkovic vs. Kovalik, and Capkovic has 20 break chances ,4 he converted..

Does any of you know in which match some player had most break chances?? i assume it must be around 30 break chances??

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
Nadal was 2/26 against Garcia-Lopez in Bangkok last year.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Surprisingly (or maybe not), Mahut/Isner was nowhere close. There were 17 total break opportunities in that match. The two mustered up fewer break opportunities in 14 sets than Rafa did in 3 against GGL. :lol:

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Stepanek had 16 breakpoints against Serra in Basel 2009. He converted 0, but won 46 76(1) 76(1). Not close to most, but worth a post.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
looking at some coria results in 2005:

there were a combined 52 breakpoints in the match vs hanescu at AO.

against kiefer in monte carlo there were 34 BPs combined (maybe the record for a 3-set-match), it was the match when coria won despite of 23 double faults :)

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
it must be some Davydenko match :D :D :D he always chokes on BPs ;d

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
The immortal GGL match :facepalm:

GGL was 1/1 and won :lol:
that is an incredible statistic that either says Nadal had a very very off day or that GGL was at a world class clutch level

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure if it's the most, but Ramos/Marti at RG this year featured 59 BPs. 1st Round, Ramos won 6-3, 6-7(5), 4-6, 6-1, 6-3 in 4 1/2 hours, converting 12 of 31 BPs, while Marti was 8 of 28. All serve mugs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats one wild match :)

you all have speculations, but does any of you really know match with most break chances??

i assume it is some match from RG?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts