Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like Queens and Montecarlo.

Madrid looks like an intergalactic ice-cube tray. :sad:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
The grass at Wimbledon has been pretty dead the last couple of years. The grass at the other grass court tournaments is far better maintained.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Arthur Ashe and Indian Wells look great. I like that type of architecture. Rod Laver Arena (at night) not far behind too.

Ugliest - Philip Chatrier.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
The courts in Rome look nice, but the clay dust swirls up in people's faces. Not good for players with asthma and other respiratory illnesses.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Ugliest - Madrid. By far.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Everyone can agree that Madrid was awful. It was also poorly maintained, which increased the potential for injuries. All in all, a pretty awful court.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Well, currently the best court in the world is the Queen's centre court. Of course, it has nothing to do with Dull being humiliated by Dolgopolov.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I agree on Madrid to be one of the worst in my opinion.

Outside of the slams, Rome, Monte-Carlo and Queens are indeed good choices for the best. I also like Barcelone

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
I hate those big concrete blocks of nothingness as Chatrier and Ashe ones. Wimbledon CC and RLA are much better, but I prefer Court 1 resp. Margaret Court Arena more.

Prettiest - Pietrangelli, Queens, O2, MC, Stuttgart, and the two above-mentioned

Ugliest - Madrid, Ashe, Chatrier, Lenglen, IW CC

1 - 20 of 47 Posts