Mens Tennis Forums banner

What is the best scene in tennis?

• A Sunny Day in Monte Carlo with a match at 3-3 in the first set after almost an hour

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • A 5th set tie break in the night session on Arthur Ashe court

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • 5-5 in the 5th at Roland Garros with barely any light left

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Paris Masters Semi Final with a player having a WTF spot on the line

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other please specify

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there are many moments you think to yourself, what a beautiful sport...Which for you is the defining one?

·
Registered
28,718 Posts
Of the alternatives in the poll, a night session at Arthur Ashe with the crowd going crazy, for me that's special. USO isn't the most well organized slam (only RG is arguably worse), but there's something about the atmosphere there.

Other than that, two things that I always enjoy watching:
1) A big upset. Out of nowhere, someone plays out of his mind and takes down a top seed. That sort of defines what sport should be about in my opinion. The belief that everything is possible.
2) A powerhitter painting the lines. Be it Soderling, Del Potro, Wawrinka, Thiem or in the future Sinner (knock on wood)... watching an in-form powerhitter crush the ball can be such a feast for the eyes.

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Atmosphere and suspence ahead of the 5th set of a GS singles final.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
GS finals where an elite attacking player goes up against an elite defender, providing a great contrast of styles.

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
I'M GONNA TO TRY THIS AND ITS NOT GONNA BE EASY 😭

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I voted Monte Carlo. Never been there but it looks beautiful. I can imagine myself having a beer and a brownie or scone or some pastry, watching Monfils mug around with a futures level player.

A 5th set tie break seems good in theory but if it's your guy, it may be too nerve wracking to enjoy it.

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
World Record Tennis crowd in Mexico City of 42,517 supporting Roger Federer vs. Alexander Zverev in #TheGreatestMatch.

Incredibly,
masterclass

·
Registered
64 Posts
In terms of venue/stadium only, I would have to go for Monaco, with the sea on one side, and the mountains on the other. It's so beautiful.

If we have to consider the tournament and the players, my 2 most memorable snapshots would be the beginning of the 5th sets during the Federer-Nadal Finals of Wimbledon 2008 and Melbourne 2017. It's such an amazing feeling to see History of the Sport being written before our eyes

And I think there is also a honorable mention that must be given too: seeing your country in an exciting 5th match of a Davis Cup final is something too. Home or away, indoor or outdoor, it doesn't matter much, it's a beautiful scene too

·
Registered
13,288 Posts
Sights & sounds in moments:

-An Ace hammering against the banners, preferably at the US Open
-Murray adjusting his wrist band ahead of a big game, tiebreak, or final set before serving

·
Registered
42 Posts
When the whole partisan crowd is on their feet rooting for Roger in Wimbledon final, when he gets two Championship points

Then, the Djoker, quietly kills both of them and wins the game, then the set, match and tournament

A little sarcastic smile from the Champion, cocking a snook at the 14000 snobs in the stadium

Nothing against Fed, but against the nasty crowd, who were shown their place by a lone gladiator !

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
RosLOL Painting the lines with Lazers.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
For scenery, hard to beat the setting of Micky CarIo & one of the few reasons to watch pIay on red dirt. For upcoming drama, perhaps one Iong awaited showdown at RLA between Fedovic to prove once & for aII who’s the king of AO.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts