Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To see it has to be French Open Final 2004, I was going crazzy watching that match. So many twists and turns.

The second match would have to be Federer vs Nadal Eoma 2006. Classic.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Obviously Australian Open 2005 - Federer/Safin
(That whole tournament was fantastic)

annnddd maybe Wimbledon Federer/Sampras

I also saw Agassi play his last match at the USO. The quality wasn't good at all, but seeing the whole thing live was UNBELIEVABLE.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Not the best quality I've seen probably, but the Wimbledon-final between Rafter and Ivanisevic was awesome to watch.
People's Monday :worship:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Most amazing, doesn't mean highest quality.
I would say the AO match Roddick won where the 5th set took 3 hours.
That was an amazing match.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I looked it up. He beat Younes Aynaoui in 2 hour 23 minute 5th set.
6-4, 6-7 (5-7), 6-4, 4-6, 21-19

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the matches posted are amazing!

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
I have only been folllowing tennis since Wimbledon 05 so I've missed a lot of great matches live. But I enjoyed the following matches immensely: Blake/Agassi USO 05, Ginepri/Agassi USO 05, Federer/Nadal Rome 06, Roddick/Federer USO 06 and 07 and Shanghai 06 (actually, all of those pissed me off, but it was the most exilarating tennis I'd ever seen of Andy because it almost looked like it might happen again :lol: ), and Nadal/Feds Wimbledon 07.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The Sampras Agassi US Open Semi Final which was 7-6 6-7 7-6 7-6 :worship:

Reactions: Fensler

·
MONSOON season.
81,987 Posts
Cipolla & Economidis beat Bopanna & Zovko, Wimbledon Doubles Qualifying 2007 :hearts:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Both the 2005 Rome Final - Nadal vs Coria and 2006 Rome Final - Nadal vs Federer - were amazing matches.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Too many to mention over too many years. But I guess of ones I have actually seen live, I would agree with Rafter/Ivanisevic at Wimbledon in 2001. The atmosphere was electric. Also probably the 5 setter between Federer and Sampras that same year, which really was a "changing of the guard" moment. Also the DC doubles between Russia and Argentina in 2002, which finished 19-17 in the 5th set and lasted over 6 hours! Not even a doubles fan, nor a DC fan, but it was an amazing match in it's own way.

Reactions: Eden

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Muster's 5 set victory over Al Costa in their QF at RG 1995 was very entertaining. I enjoyed Corretja's epic victory over El Ayanoui in the 2001 Amsterdam final.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts