Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,305 Posts
Thanks! is there any video?
sadly, no. Querrey was relatively new to the ATP tour (it was 2007). But I know the feeling of it being unplayable, Querrey served 28 aces in 3 tight sets against my favourite player back in 2015 Memphis and could have won that match but choked at the last minute.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Querrey did it with ten aces in Indy or Cincy vs Blake, it was when he was using a Prince racquet. Word was he got a good deal to use Babolat but he actually preferred using the Prince.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
Querrey did it with ten aces in Indy or Cincy vs Blake, it was when he was using a Prince racquet. Word was he got a good deal to use Babolat but he actually preferred using the Prince.
It is not unheard of for players to use a paintjob for contractual reasons, even for a different brand. I remember Karlovic did it in 2010, his fake white bands to emulate his former Babolat racquet were so obvious.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
It was Querrey against Blake in the 2007 Indianapolis quarterfinals.

The reason there's no highlights is because there was no TV coverage of Indianapolis before the semifinals.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
sadly, no. Querrey was relatively new to the ATP tour (it was 2007). But I know the feeling of it being unplayable, Querrey served 28 aces in 3 tight sets against my favourite player back in 2015 Memphis and could have won that match but choked at the last minute.
Querrey might not be the best server on a consistent basis (at least there are better ones), but when his serving rhythm is on-point, I feel like he has the highest botting peak on tour. Remember occasions like that 5th set against Murray in Wimbledon, he basically made every first serve and almost all of those serves were aces. Increadible placement.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
edit, in second video with Schalken

French commentator (with Arnaud Boetsch), Hervé Duthu who manages to place Yannick Noah his idol at the end of the video. :ROFLMAO:

And me, at RG, I remember a love game by Guy Forget with 4 DF 😐

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was Querrey against Blake in the 2007 Indianapolis quarterfinals.

The reason there's no highlights is because there was no TV coverage of Indianapolis before the semifinals.
Yes thnaks! I couldn't find the video. I wanted to see how it looks like to serve 10 aces in a row :confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
edit, in second video with Schalken

French commentator (with Arnaud Boetsch), Hervé Duthu who manages to place Yannick Noah his idol at the end of the video. :ROFLMAO:

And me, at RG, I remember a love game by Guy Forget with 4 DF 😐
That must be crazy to serve 4 double faults in one game.:oops:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts