Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good start from JCF, then fell asleep in the 2nd set and credit to Hartfield who raised his game but the result was never in doubt.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
That heavens he came through that. Hartfield pretty much matched Juanqui in the 1st set, which he was unluckly to lose, and he was well on top in the 2nd set, and I was very worried at that stage. However thankfully Ferrero's serve, which had deserted him for the 2nd half of the 1st set and the entire 2nd set, returned right on cue in the deciding set, and coupled with his trusty forehand, saw him through. Hartfield battled away very well.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Phew!
When I came home and saw the score, it was 6-4 1-6 and I thought, WTF!?!?
Then I saw part of the 3rd set, and as Scott said his serve was solid by then and his FH had good depth and variations that kept him ahead.
It's great he could up his level after losing the second set 1-6!

:comeon: :comeon: :comeon:

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting to look at JCF's 1st serve stats. He was getting less than 50% in the 1st set and then over 80% in the 2nd set. He clearly needs the cheap points these days to give him more confidence.

Hartfield found a very nice rhythm in the 2nd set and just seemed to be returning everything while JC couldn't buy a return of serve.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Nice try Diego :hug:

·
Registered
21,234 Posts
PMG stands for what, poor mans ....?

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
PMG stands for what, poor mans ....?
Poor mans Gaudio

Hartfield looks a bit like Gaudio, play a bit similar and he is known as little Gaston.

·
Registered
21,234 Posts

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
I'm starting to like it more when JC wins in 3, especially with a disastrous second set, it's nice to see JC fighting back and changing his gameplan in order to win. Feli's going to lose tomorrow too, sorry Feli!

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Wimbledon must have given Juan Carlos some confidence, and hopefully he can continue to build on that. Already two consecutive wins against lower ranked opponents was never a given at the start of this season, but with confidence comes consistency. Not necessarily in-match consistency (which he failed to display in this match), but in the larger scheme of things.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
And bad luck to Diego, but he can achieve some things in his career.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts