Registered
19,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title is his

Well done Janko :clap2:

·
Registered
277 Posts
i thin Troicki won't be an easy bite for janko but we shall see .

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
One great season for Tipsy. Wouldn't go as far as saying he'll win, you never know with this great man. Nice for him to face him compatriot though.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Ugh. What a gallery of missed opportunities from Denko in that second set, where he was most definitely the better player on most occasions. Got 284730740174 BPs, failed to convert (in all honesty: a lot of it due to Tipsy's gutsy play) and of course gets broken himself at the tail end of set #2. Where's the barf-smiley when you need it. :(

Congrats Tipsy.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Another title for Tipsarevic? 2011 has been very kind to him.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Granted, kolya went really passive after getting 0-40 on 5-4 in the 2nd set, but i think he did something to his groin again on the deep shot from tipsy at 15-40. He was moving around gingerly after that and the pace of his shots were gone.

I expect Janko to get his 2nd atp title tomorrow.

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
Well done from 5-4* 40-0 up Nikolay :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
Son (nikolay :D ) i'm disappoint ......

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Kolya played pretty well in the second but choked it away in a disgusting manner. :facepalm:

I hope Tipsy takes the title, though.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
NO WORDS!!! I'm too shagged off now...
Let me stay ...by myself.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Is there anything more impactful than :sad:
Because this was was tragic from Davydenko- winning the rallies in such style and collapsing at just the wrong moments- 3 set points evaporated, after have several break points earlier in the set. Just :sad:

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Congrats Janko! Go for your 2nd(should've been 4th) title of the year!

·
12,691 Posts
yeah, yeah enjoy

we all know what a confident, in form davy would have won this
Not so sure about that.

Yeah, Kolya is clearly a much better player than Janko but it's not like Janko is a talentless mug. He is a massive underachiver. Very talented player. He could compete well with in-form Kolya if he is really on.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Not so sure about that.

Yeah, Kolya is clearly a much better player than Janko but it's not like Janko is a talentless mug. He is a massive underachiver. Very talented player. He could compete well with in-form Kolya if he is really on.
im not doubting he's a talented player but the past shows that davy in form knows how to handle tipsy

·
Registered
994 Posts
im not doubting he's a talented player but the past shows that davy in form knows how to handle tipsy
It also shows that Tipsarevic can play his best tennis against better ranked opponents,so there are no guarantees...

Could,should,would doesn't work in tennis!

·
12,691 Posts
I agree with you. I just meant that Janko at his very best could compete well with in-form Kolya. He can beat him for sure since he is very talented player but i agree that Koyla is the most likely to win if he is in-form.

Anyway, it's really sad to see such a talented ballstirker like Davy fades away like this. :sad:
I really hope he has some great/good runs in 2012. Still think/hope he has some good tennis left in him.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts