Istomin must be heavily fined or banned right now! This is a freaking joke

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Such a fake dive. Ronaldo like

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
It's a shame Denis Istomin could not capitalize on his big win over Novak Djokovic. On the other hand, hoping that Ricardas Berankis wins at least a title before retirement.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
What is it with these shenanigans lately?
Was it a for real injury at last point of the match? Either way, could've just let the guy serve it out with an ace.

*edit: looks fake as fuck.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Tough to judge it without more informations. But for me it looked like a fake fall.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
... What compounds the 'fakeness' of the appearance of the fall is the 11th hour retirement.

Had the score been something like 6-4,4-3 or thereabout then yeah,you could probably let that go.

However,this isn't something you can just bat your eyelid to.Looks fake as hell and should be investigated further.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Didn't Dustin Brown have another one of those very close to the finish?
The difference is that Brown was winning. Comfortably. He did the right thing allowing his fit opponent to progress further, since he himself couldn't be competitive deeper in the tournament.
Here it looks... Well, statistically an injury under these circumstances is not impossible, but it obviously raises some questions. And eyebrows.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'll wait for the medical report before issuing a final judgement, but on first appearances this seems dodgy as hell.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Seems very shady. I mean, its not like he was full stretch or sliding on the hard and rolled his ankle.

Of course, nobody can know the severity of the injury since his season was essentially over anyways aside from maybe one more tournament. According to a study more than half of suspicious match alerts occurred after the US Open, as players look to make money for the offseason.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts