·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOSCOW, RUSSIA (September 28, 2002) - The Sanex WTA Tour announced today
that Martina Hingis, Elena Dementieva and Anna Kournikova will appear at 10
a.m. (local time) on Sunday, September 29, at historic Red Square in Moscow,
Russia.

The three players will volley tennis balls in the shadow of world-famous St.
Basils Cathedral and the Kremlin in preparation for the $1,224,000 Kremlin
Cup, which begins Monday.

(I guess this is their way of announcing the non-surprise -- Anna K is in.)

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I hope it means Anna is going to play the tournament. Because from what I know, Anna was still in America yesterday, hanging out with her friend Enrique Eglasias.

Welcome to WTA World, Lady Jane! :kiss:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eggy, that's true! But I always thought Elena would play unless she was truly at death's door. Is Husarova coming for the doubles?

Anyway, I am happy for fans of Anna K., but I can't help but wonder why the tournament had to be so cagey about it all! I am sure they knew all along they would accept her. Meanwhile her fans have been put through the wringer, wondering and wondering, while Lindsay also fans kept holding out hope. Not a nice way to handle things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I am more than happy that Anna is playing, but I am pretty confident that Lindsay is playing too..

The reason is the Stevenson was on the next in list and she isn't in qualifying (I know she is still in doubles at Leipzig), but you would think that she is in the made draw, as Schett is the #1 seed.. If that is the case, then Lindsay would go in ahead of her first.. But I am sure their was a doubt on Bedanova as she was injured this week.. but time will tell

The Draw is done today???

BTW Cat, perhaps you should not to take everyone for their word, I don't buy for one mintue that Anna was at his concert in New Jersey on Thrusday night (have you read an article??).. Perhaps if you read the relevant thread(not the one on our board) but the one of his, many people didn't actaully see her there too and when one of his Band members looks like her from a distance, their is every chance that it wasn't her..
I doubt Harold would allow this too.. I bet she has been in Moscow for some time.. Visiting her family as that were her parents currently are..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Eggy, I have XP and it's working for me (at least I see the ads ;)).

The website is awesome! I just hope it can keep working for the whole week ;) :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts