Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't watched Khachanov in a long time but that was pretty convincing. Mannarinos finals record on the other hand looks even worse now.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Adrian Mannarino becoming the next Julien Benneteau, he was quite a big underdog today, but unlike Julien he had more winnable finals overall (against the likes of Yoshito Sugita or Jiri Vesely).

·
Registered
14,092 Posts
I said it all along.

Khachanov has been a top 5 player level wise this year since the French Open

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Two of my favorite next gen stars winning titles on the same day. Great. Khachanov is a future slam winner, for sure. His ballstriking is a joy to watch, when it's working.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Finally good tournament for Adrian. Today he just played much better player, Khachanov is in form lately. But he still has a few years to win an ATP tournament.

·
10,298 Posts
Khachanov is humbly going to go under the radar. If had a bit more charm about him, then he would maybe get more coverage.

I think he has the highest ceiling of any young player, next to Tstisipas.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
I said it all along.

Khachanov has been a top 5 player level wise this year since the French Open
I wouldn't go that far, but he was really good.

Sometimes reminds me of Cilic and Del Potro when they were coming up, even though those two came up much faster. Maybe Khachanov wins a Slam like they did if he keeps improving. I think he'll be around Top 10 for the next ten years. Quite inconsistent and chokey, glad I'm not a huge fan.

·
23,064 Posts
The Russians making their motherland well proud. Kasatkina won in the WTA side and cracks the Top 10, and Khachanov now cracks the Top 20. 3rd title overall and you feel him winning a 500s or Masters title hopefully is close. Also gives me a bit of peace knowing Stan had defeated an in-form player in St. Petersburg; he just needed consistency and confidence back.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Karen and Tsitsi win ATP titles on the same day. Next gen is gradually getting stronger and those two will do more damage in next few years for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts