Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vacation is near, and guess what I'm going to do. I'm going to cozy up with several books.

I'm a little behind (blame it on the hectic class and work schedules), but I'm reading Da Vinci Code right now. Intriguing book so far, and I expect to knock this out by Christmas day.

Tonight, however, I am reading The Interruption of Everything by Terry MacMillan. I've read all her books thus far. I began the book last night, and I will continue reading it tonight. I should be done tomorrow night.

I have read The Shadow of the Wind, written by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I enjoyed this book immensely. The colorful language and vivid scenery held my interest so much, I couldn't put it down. I recommended it to a couple of friends, who are scouring their local libraries for available copies.

Also on my to-read list: Paulo Coelho. I browsed the university bookstore yesterday, and his latest book, The Zahir, was on the shelves. Judging from the summary, it would be an interesting read. My local library doesn't have it, and the one in the next town has it checked out until January 16, 2006. He has another one, Eleven Minutes, that I would like to read as well.

Since I'm taking two literature classes next semester, I believe any additional reading will prove beneficial to sparking my reading interest once again. I've experienced a drought of sorts, perhaps because of the quality of the books written lately. Hopefully, what I read will reignite the spark and motivate me to read more this summer.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For reasons I can't really explain or understand, I didn't get as much reading done as I would have liked. At the time, I believed that the "small" list of books to read was doable, but in the end, it all proved too ambitious to achieve. In any case, these books went unread; instead, I read a lot of old and new novels for my English classes. And I bought some to plan my lessons around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts