Mens Tennis Forums banner
201 - 220 of 239 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
Assessment: in this thread OP who is one of the "big" posting trolls on tennisforum and a few other posters tried to justify why the women's final was hyped and talked about, but nobody really came up with a valid argument why the men's final should be devalued in comparison.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Assessment: in this thread OP who is one of the biggest "big" posting trolls on tennisforum and a few other posters tried to justify why the women's final was hyped, but nobody really came up with a valid argument why the men's final should be devalued in comparison.
oh believe me I am a member of this forum for a long time than the other side and have more posts here too.
Celebrating tennis and newcomer achievements is a celebration of both men's and women's tennis.

·
Registered
340 Posts
LOL all the denial on this thread--so clueless.
Most of you probably haven't even watched.
Read my post above where I detail why the woman's is more interesting, more exciting.

Who wants to watch another next gen fail against Djok in a final? Only Djok fans.

The quality of the women's matches--especially the ones involving Fern, because they were the bigger battles--has been much higher, more exciting, and the arrival of these two extraordinary teenagers blowing away the whole feild eclipses by far anything that's happened on the men's side.
I thought if only you could give either of these two women's mental strength to some of the young men, Djok wouldn't be doing what he's doing.

P.S> Fern has hit more FH winners, as of the semis-- in this tournament, than any woman OR MAN.
This x1000. The womens draw has been amazing. The mens has been good, but the match quality is nowhere close to what happened on the womens side.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Get use to that , men's tennis is getting less and less appealing to masses . History on the line IS the attraction , not so much the expectation of a great match. It's just not the kind of spectacle it used to be . Masses like shots , power , finesse , less of a fan of rallies , controlled aggression , defensive tactics when they watch the men's side . That's been historically the case , no more just by seeing the top 4 .

·
Registered
340 Posts
Lol @ ppl in this thread seriously thinking Djokovic has the same likability as either of these young women.

Snoozovic will make history today to a mild reaction, not many will care. Everyone will be waiting for rafa or rogie to take the "rightful" place.

Like it or not djokovic will just never have that type of energy.

·
Premium Member
28,833 Posts
Even before the men's final, Eurosport trying to hype Raducanu further... by Thiem being in the studio. Desperate hyping and attention whoring... is desperate.

Now at least switched to last year's final... not sure how that's related to this year's one.
Are they trying to fill in the gaps? Terrible entertainment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lol.WTA is not a tennis.Stop this bs.Wta is a trash
In lockstep with MTF's long history of blatant misogyny but no, not anymore. Emma + Leylah generated huge viewership for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which was the quality of their play. When you have a bunch of girls in the locker room capable of winning a Grand Slam, the days of WTA is trash are long gone.

Ironic to hold that perspective too when only 1 guy has been sweeping majors left and right for the last 2 years. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Was just thinking...could Goran have become the first qualifier to win in 2001 if he hadn't got a wildcard? Or would he not have had the motivation to do it or been too tired given how many B05 he had to play especially given the rain delays?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Was just thinking...could Goran have become the first qualifier to win in 2001 if he hadn't got a wildcard? Or would he not have had the motivation to do it or been too tired given how many B05 he had to play especially given the rain delays?
We'll never know. It's best of 3 in the qualies tho, so might not have been out of reach. Emma actually went and did it tho, without dropping a set ❤

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well I think most of knew Novak wasn't going to win the CYGS and he got lucky he caught Zverev on an off night. I good as Med is, he is 25 y/o just winning his FIRST slam. Yes he competition has been crazy tough but even still he wasn't even a factor until he was 22 or 23 y/o. He'll probably win 3 to 5 slams in his career but I don't think anybody see him as a guy that's going to go on a huge run which is always a possibility when someone win their first slam at 18 y/o like Emma even if it's unlikely. So it totally make more sense people are more excited about the all teen final on the WTA. Everybody always got super excited when a teen win a slam because it's possible you COULD(even if it's most likely you aren't) be looking at a generational talent. As great as Med is right now he isn't a generational like Fed, Nadal & Novak were.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Would someone like Ivanisevic even play qualifiers if they weren't given a wildcard? Wouldn't it be seen as a humiliation?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Raducanu will go away. Maybe a Sharapova type of career best case scenario as she has the looks. But I doubt she sustains this. Very refreshing to see.

201 - 220 of 239 Posts