Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
They certainly are here in the UK for obvious reasons.

I don’t watch or care about WTA but it has got to be more interesting than men’s tennis right now.

A declining 34 year old who cannot lose because everyone chokes or bends over when they see him :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

·
GOAT Predictor
3,519 Posts
They certainly are here in the UK for obvious reasons.

I don’t watch or care about WTA but it has got to be more interesting than men’s tennis right now.

A declining 34 year old who cannot lose because everyone chokes or bends over when they see him :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:
it's so sad and unremembered thing.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
That's because the 2 ladies in the women's final are from established tennis countries and perhaps more importantly from "the west".

If that final would be Zidansek vs Fruhvirtova, "nobody" would care about and everyone would label the WTA as a laughing stock.

You are listening the wrong people and/or medias.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Why's that??
By lacking star quality in men's tennis, they might swap the men's final to Saturdays. LMAO
Because Emma is British & you live in the UK. I mean it should be pretty obvious...

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
That's because the 2 ladies in the women's final are from established tennis countries and perhaps more importantly from "the west".

If that final would be Zidansek vs Fruhvirtova, "nobody" would care about and everyone would label the WTA as a laughing stock.

Who are the right people / what are the right medias?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Who are the right people / what are the right medias?
One finalist is from England and other from Canada ( close to USA) these countries media house are bigger.
I mean if new faces are thing or unpredictability then why not RG 21 got so much exposure because that time both finalist were from small countries

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Depends of the country I guess. In France, Djokovic is definitely getting more attention in media than the women's final.

Also in real life, I actually heard people talk about Djokovic during the last 7 days. Haven't heard anyone mention the women's final. Outside of the English speaking world, this is not even close.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Tickets for women final are easily available when rates are very low compared to mens final, some tickets rate in resale market for mens final has gone upto to double the original price and it has been sold out

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
One finalist is from England and other from Canada ( close to USA) these countries media house are bigger.
I mean if new faces are thing or unpredictability then why not RG 21 got so much exposure because that time both finalist were from small countries
So who are the right people and right medias to listen to?

Regarding RG '21 compared to USO '21, there are a few other distinctions in addition to their countries of origin. For one you have teens making runs (compare with Pavlyuchenkova, 30, and Krejcikova, 25). Secondly one of them is a qualifier (Raducanu has now done sth that had never been done before; 9 W's in a single tournament and from qualifiers to the final, without losing a set; somewhat comparable to Karatsev at AO '21; think back on the attention surrounding him and his achievement; "Who is this guy?" "Where did he come from all of a sudden?").

·
Registered
9,663 Posts

Bullshit.
You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.
YOu probably haven't even watched so don't have a clue.
Both Fern and radu had stunning runs to the final, one is a qualifier.
A qualifier has never gotten to finals before, men or women.

Fern has beaten #2 #3 and #5 in incredible fights.
There are no new male young stars even remotely this exciting, and they are going to H2H in the final.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
LOL all the denial on this thread--so clueless.
Most of you probably haven't even watched.
Read my post above where I detail why the woman's is more interesting, more exciting.

Who wants to watch another next gen fail against Djok in a final? Only Djok fans.

The quality of the women's matches--especially the ones involving Fern, because they were the bigger battles--has been much higher, more exciting, and the arrival of these two extraordinary teenagers blowing away the whole feild eclipses by far anything that's happened on the men's side.
I thought if only you could give either of these two women's mental strength to some of the young men, Djok wouldn't be doing what he's doing.

P.S> Fern has hit more FH winners, as of the semis-- in this tournament, than any woman OR MAN.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
No, it’s because the new faces are from Canada and the UK. If it was a Serbia vs. Poland final, the media would call the tournament a failure
YOu are wrong.
It's the American media that gives the most coverage to tennis, at least in the English speaking world--and there are no Americans in this final.

Also, on the women's tennis site, where this is talked about at great length, fans from all countries are thrilled by this--it isn't about what nations they come from.

Everyone was thrilled for Swiatek when she won the french. Poland.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts