Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Nadal won his first US Open in 2010, then after 3 years in 2013, then after 4 years in 2017 under very fortuitous circumstances.
Going by that he will win his 4th in 2022, 5th in 2028, and 6th in 2035 at 49 years of age.
So no chance.

Djokovic has an outside chance.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Re: More of a threat to surpass Federer’s five US Open titles?

Nadal won his first US Open in 2010, then after 3 years in 2013, then after 4 years in 2017 under very fortuitous circumstances.
Going by that he will win his 4th in 2022, 5th in 2028, and 6th in 2035 at 49 years of age.
So no chance.

Djokovic has an outside chance.
Good point, in the similar stat Djoko won 3 after winning his first grandslam in 2008, so in reality Djoko has won only 3 in 10/11 years, so another 10/11 years would be required for him to win 6 by that time he would be 43 as well. So in all honesty even his chances are slim but better than Rafa.

·
Registered
865 Posts

If DJ wins this year then he has a real chance to surpass 5 US open record.
As for Rafa, I think he will at most win 4 US open, it is very hard to win 5 in my opinion, and situation gets harder and harder as the age accumulates

·
Registered
796 Posts

Djokovic quite comfortably. He's almost a year younger, and wins aside he has a much better record there (5 runner up finishes vs. 1 for Nadal).

·
Registered
904 Posts
That's somehow his safest record on Hard Court from being broken, the 5 consecutive USOP titles!

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
Nadal would be lucky to win another one. Djokovic is going to be the favourite for the usopen for years to come. Doesnt mean hes going to win it every time but 2 should be doable at least.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts

That's somehow his safest record on Hard Court from being broken, the 5 consecutive USOP titles!
I love your signature.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts

Nadal would be lucky to win another one. Djokovic is going to be the favourite for the usopen for years to come. Doesnt mean hes going to win it every time but 2 should be doable at least.
The favourite for years to come? I don't think so. We don't know if he'll even be the favourite next year – at the age of 33 – and if he doesn't win it this year, he may never win it again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts