Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typical all-russian matches. They can't serve against a countryman.

Poor Youzhny that couldn't play well while having set points in the tie-break and leaded 2-0 in the second. Or should I say rich Youzhny?

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
Well Youzhny had his chances, and then fell away after looking good near start of the second.

·
Registered
21,225 Posts
Much like another familiar russian...

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Youzhny hit 42 unforced errors and seemed out of sorts throughout. His backhand was abysmal for most of the match.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Yikes. What a shame - chance for a TMS SF. Misha needs to get back in the zone like last year in Flushing.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
looks like the odds wern't good enough for Youzhny on betfair today
Sure looks like that, indeed! :devil:

Awful match, tons of UEs, serve breaks as if it were a WTA match...
Sorry, no love for Misha today. :mad: :p

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to put "Montreal R3: Edouard Davydenko def Mikhail Youzhny 7:6 6:3" as the thread title! :ras:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Good win for Kolya. I feared for him after he failed to serve out the set at 5-4 and then wasted triple BP at 5-5.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Fixed.

·
Registered
9,845 Posts
Good win for Kolya. I feared for him after he failed to serve out the set at 5-4 and then wasted triple BP at 5-5.
it was at this point his coach signalled that Youzhny's odds of winning on betfair had dramatically increased ;) but once at deuce they dropped again so Davydenko thought he may as well win this one and take the quarter-final prize money

1 - 20 of 23 Posts