Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very important victory for Muller after the lackluster performances since Wimbledon. I haven't seen the match, but maybe someone can summarize it.

Six victories against top 20 players in 2015 already. He'll probably face Murray in the next round.

·
29,645 Posts
Muller :rocker2:

At least if Murray decides to tank today, then Muller will school Boredo at tennis and have an open run to QF or maybe even SF.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Deserved win, had a pretty woeful conversion of break points (1/10) and was 2-4 down in the tie-break. But came back in style, some beautiful winners - and a great one to wrap it up!

I was getting anxious about Gilles losing another one, in spite of winning the first set. Glad it didn't happen.

·
Administrator
9,588 Posts
What a return winner to close the match. That was inexplicable :worship: :worship:

·
Bring it Home
20,991 Posts
Wow, great win for Muller, I thought Clownfils would be a bad matchup for him.

:worship:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Muller :rocker2:

At least if Murray decides to tank today, then Muller will school Boredo at tennis and have an open run to QF or maybe even SF.
Your hate for Tommy is rather boring now. Muller will never beat Robredo in his lifetime.

·
Administrator
9,588 Posts
Deserved win, had a pretty woeful conversion of break points (1/10) and was 2-4 down in the tie-break. But came back in style, some beautiful winners - and a great one to wrap it up!

I was getting anxious about Gilles losing another one, in spite of winning the first set. Glad it didn't happen.
Actually Mull hadn't a hell of a chance on break points, when Monfils starts to hit some aces/very good 1st services like almost always when he's in trouble

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Happy for Mulles, especially that he didn't lose in the third set tiebreaker again like in the Atlanta SF.

His risk-taking paid off in the end. Monfils' performance was quite bad.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Not much to say just congrats to Muller - big win for him vs quality player and Monfils well - this guy just keeps embarassing himself.

I watched this match and i am watching Muller last few months more closely - saw some of his HC matches this summer - his serve is very predictable also his movement forward and in rallies after few shots he almost always hits OUT - mostly Long

Monfils loosing to him is really pathetic i mean Monfils even with his serve can hold as easy as Muller and he should be destryoing him in rallies and here we are lost tie-break and was 2x up with Mini-break...

Muller had 6 BP´s i believe early in 3rd set - 0-40 - Monfils servebotting there and than i think 3x Advantage. If he will play Murray he has no chance, if he plays Robredo i hope he will outserve him

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
Delicious result, well done taking out the trash Gilles.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Karlovic, Isner and any other player with a big serve say hi :wavey:
Muller still hasn't beat him though. Muller isn't as good as either of those neither. His serve is overrated.

·
Registered
22,652 Posts
Your hate for Tommy is rather boring now. Muller will never beat Robredo in his lifetime.
not if Robredo loses to mugs like Murray to avoid facing him :p

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
not if Robredo loses to mugs like Murray to avoid facing him :p
Murray is #3 in the world, the chances are he's going to lose.

Muller would get routined by Robredo. Let's hope they meet sometime this season. Tommy will undoubtedly be too good for him.

Losing to 2015 Robredo would make it even sweeter for me :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts