Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dr Ivo proving he's the vastly more talented servebotter. :dance: :cheerleader:

Unlucky Canadatards :wavey:, first Genie now Raonic flops in front of his home crowd. You've only got a bunch of mental midgets to support. :p

·
Registered
22,674 Posts
Re: Montreal R1: Karlovic def. Raonic 7-6 7-6

Raonic was brutal on serve, brutal on return. So in summary he was just brutal in general

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Re: Montreal R2: Karlovic def. Raonic 7-6 7-6

Two of the worst tie-breaks I've seen Raonic play. Credit to Ivo though reached 10000 aces this match and an amazing return to bring up match point in the second tie break.

Raonic still quite rusty and that was a very tall task in his return match.

·
Registered
11,282 Posts

1 point won in both tiebreaks against Karlovic, a horrible returner. :help:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,046 Posts
Re: Montreal R1: Karlovic def. Raonic 7-6(1) 7-6(1)

Unlucky Canadatards :wavey:, first Genie now Raonic flops in front of his home crowd. Only got a bunch of mental midgets to support. :p
You should probably add the tb score in brackets next to the scores for this thread title. 7-6(1) 7-6(1)
Needless to say Karlovic was the better player today, had numerous BPs (and MPs) on Raonic's serve with decent returns and rallying, but the TBs really costed Raonic, ironically (Dr. Ivo is a notoriously bad TB player)

And of course Karlovic has surpassed the 10000 aces count today with 22 aces. Congratulations. Next target for him is to break Ivanesevic's record.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts

Rough draw for Raonic. Not exactly a lot of room to find your form against Karlovic, who at 75% first serve in, would have been tough for anyone to beat.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts

Also 62% on first serve for Raonic.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
0/10 on BP's for Ivo should of been easier. Better Servebot won.

·
Bring it Home
21,199 Posts
I could opt to troll and say more talented player won, but I'm not blind, I saw Raonic wasn't as his best. :lol:

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
He's a "better" servebot, but not a better player.

Anyway, not surprised with the result at all. Had a feeling this would happen. Raonic clearly isn't back to form yet.
I hope Karlovic does go deep into the tournament here though.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Unusual for raonic to have early round losses against betting underdogs. A total collapse from him is more than likely at this point.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,046 Posts

·
Registered
14,136 Posts
Yeah, Dr. Ivo is a bad matchup for Milos normally, but especially bad for him coming off injury. The result was no surprise, he did not look like himself tonight.

Hope he can find some form and get back to 100% by the USO, but I have a feeling it will take much longer than that. This injury really had the worst timing this season.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
First of all, congrats to Ivo on the 10,000 milestone, and the win.

Matches involving Ivo, Isner, and Raonic himself to a lesser extent are misleading in many aspects as they tend to become a different sport, but this was a shockingly poor performance by Raonic. It's been more or less the same since Wimbledon, and I'm not even sure if you can call him a "servebot" anymore, with such weak serves in general. Much weaker and returnable than Kyrgios's serves for example. Hell, his serve was much better in Rome, when he was literally in the middle of the peak pain.

It's not like he came back onto the court yesterday. It's getting a tad worrisome.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Too bad for Milos, but glad Dr Ivo progressed, the draw does open up nicely for him now

1 - 20 of 70 Posts