Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vasek competed well he tried but he messed up the first set tiebreaker. The mental part of the game seems to me what is holding him back from going higher. Jimmy Arias said Pospisil should be higher ranked but he seems to be coddled by the Canadian media. I have yet to read one article criticize his inconsistency. He has a hard time winning back to back matches. It just seems bizarre.

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
What are your thoughts on the sexism during this match?

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Shame. Pospisil put up a great fight and played well but it wasn't quite enough. Isner wasn't even that good today, but his serve-botting saved him as it so often does.

·
Registered
22,616 Posts
Vasek should have won this. Felt like he was the better player up until he broken himself in the 3rd. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
For the most part played well. A few mental lapses cost him, and that's why he's ranked where he is. From everything I've heard the media does knock him on his inconsistencies.

Again most of the Canadian tennis media don't know much about tennis.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
It vexes me. It hurts :rain:.

Vasek really needs to get a new brain. Talent is there, his technique is fine yet ...

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
Vasek played pretty well. There's really no shame in losing to Isner in his current form. He's on a good run this summer and may get back into the top 10 before long.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
popsicle :hug:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Vasek played pretty well. There's really no shame in losing to Isner in his current form. He's on a good run this summer and may get back into the top 10 before long.
Even WTF might not be totally out of the question for Isner if Ferrer is missing all the rest of the season due to the injury (which I hope won't be the case, though), and if your man decides to spend the rest of this season in a half-rehab mode.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts