Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty casual win. Kei did make quite some UEs perhaps giving a bit of a rare 'half arsed'/"trigger happy" (don't care if I miss) attitude about the match which explains the second serve stat. Overall Kei played good first serve percentage and had Andujar all over the court. Andujar did well to hold as often as he did, because some service games Kei's returns even off first serves landed at his feet, and Kei defending very solidly.

Kei will need to keep improving but his casual attitude today is kinda scary if he chooses to reign in his game.

An interesting 'development' in Kei's arsenal I noticed was his use of slowed down kick serves to the ad side out wide on first serves which were effective in giving Andujar nothing to work with or pushing him out wide. I feel this is a good strategy to keep in mind to mix that first serve with this, especially as few opponents expect a kicker on a first serve.

Next up Goffin/Querrey

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Easy warmup for Kei, hope he has enough fire and energy to go deep at this tournament.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Easy warmup for Kei, hope he has enough fire and energy to go deep at this tournament.
Might be his time to win Montreal.

·
54,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might be his time to win Montreal.
Personally I don;t think the court 'suits' him to put it harshly. But he could do well here, no pressure of pts to defend here.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Personally I don;t think the court 'suits' him to put it harshly. But he could do well here, no pressure of pts to defend here.
I saw it live, he looked fantastic bar that 2nd service game. Was painting the lines all day...of course Andujar was never an opponent that would trouble him much because he has no serve. But still Andujar is a good baseline player and this type of warmup is good for him. I think he can DEFINITELY beat Nadal, nothing is given of course, but he has it in him to win this event I think. He looked fine physically.

·
54,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I saw it live, he looked fantastic bar that 2nd service game. Was painting the lines all day...of course Andujar was never an opponent that would trouble him much because he has no serve. But still Andujar is a good baseline player and this type of warmup is good for him. I think he can DEFINITELY beat Nadal, nothing is given of course, but he has it in him to win this event I think. He looked fine physically.
Excellent - how was the view of him? I remember a couple of impossible gets he managed and passes.

That's the main thing fans want is for him to be fine and competitive. The rest will take care of itself. His playing style is becoming rather nonchalant towards outside top 10ers, can feel free to take more risks at times and not worry too much about the outcome. He might get broken but I trust he can always reel in his game to eek out wins more often than not. Today, weirdly the stats suggest he won more pts off Andujar's 1st serve compared to 2nd serve.

Also Nadal seems to be slowly building confidence. But choke prone (could not serve out both sets on first try), still building accuracy. I hope for a good encounter, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Those are some dodgy ass % points won 1st/2nd serve stats. :lol:

Kei's gonna have to give more of a fuck against Goffin.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
yeah samurai :drool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts