Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bring it Home
21,144 Posts
Montreal R1: Pospisil def. Lu 6-4 6-3

I wanted Lu to win in order to free a spot in the two main courts. :lol:

Pospisil vs. Isner for sure will be on a streamed court.

But good win for Pospisil, hopefully he can save tennis next round, like he did two years ago in the same tournament. :yeah:

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
Lu was horrible.A lot of rallies ended with Lu hitting the ball into the net, or wide. Probably somthing like half the points Pospisil won ended like that. Or more.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
The saviour of Canadian tennis.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I'm really happy for Vasek but he is still not there. Too many wholes in his game :sad: ... Lu has problems on his own ...

·
Super Moderator
18,674 Posts
Vasek gets so much criticism - this is a guy who has managed a GS QF and to be ranked way above his abilities.

misty must be in ruins right now...

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Vasek gets so much criticism - this is a guy who has managed a GS QF and to be ranked way above his abilities.

misty must be in ruins right now...
He is actually a very good player, I don't get the "ranked way above his abilities" comment.
Isn't Anderson ranked inside the top 20?

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
He is actually a very good player, I don't get the "ranked way above his abilities" comment.
Isn't Anderson ranked inside the top 20?
Bautista Agut used to be top 15 as well, Vasek has the talent to be ranked higher, but the mental side keeps holding him back.

·
Registered
212 Posts
He's the only Canadian survivor of the first round, which tells a lot about the current state of Canadian tennis. I think he has a lot of talented and a reasonably all-round game, which makes his game fun to watch unlike Raonic, who plays a super one-dimensional game. I wanted Lu to win this one, though. He's nearing the end of his career and his best result may come before he calls it a career. He may lack power, but his all-round game is fun to watch and makes many people want to root for him. His good results are always good for the sport, so I want him to do well in his next tournament and of course at the U.S. Open, I want him to beat Nadal. What do you think?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts