Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see no thread yet. Haven't watched the match, expected Lopez to win in 3, picked him in the FITD game. Of course, forgot to check the H2H where Feliciano was and continues to be Boredo's pidgeon :facepalm: Although their last match was in 2009 so that could be an excuse.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,556 Posts
Re: Montreal R1: Tommy Robredo def. Feliciano Lopez 6-3 3-6 6-

sorry what was the last bit of score? missing from title?

Anyhow means we get Robredo-Murray again - if their Shenzhen and Valencia F battles last year where Andy saved a combined 10 MPs is an indicator, we could be in for a long one. Robredo should be out for revenge, but Andy is arguably playing much better this year.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Why on earth would you predict Lopez to win :lol:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,556 Posts
He didn't see their H2H. Lopez did nicely at Rogers cup last year, beating Raonic to make the SF. This result with his grass court runs and Shanghai run explain his inflated ranking to 12.

·
MONSOON season.
81,978 Posts
He didn't see their H2H. Lopez did nicely at Rogers cup last year, beating Raonic to make the SF. This result with his grass court runs and Shanghai run explain his inflated ranking to 12.
But current form was enough to caution against picking Lopez to win. He has barely been able to string wins together apart from his SF in Gstaad, where he had a very good draw.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
Still a bit embarrassing for Robredo to give up break leads in the 2nd and 3rd set.
This. Robredo was actually pretty poor in this match. He consistently struggled on his own serve against one of the weakest returners on tour.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FITD game - from 59 participants - 37 backed Lopez to win, and only 22 - Robredo. So it wasn't only me:) I thought both were in bad form but somehow Lopez will prevail on hard and in the tournament where he reached a semi last year.

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Tommy :yeah:

Judy Murray in ruins

1 - 11 of 11 Posts