Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread? Unbelievable from Anderson, huge favorite, goes a break down in the 1st set, re-breaks, then loses 7-2 in the TB. And 7-4 in the second TB. Inexplicable for a servebot of his magnitude, on this surface. Haven't watched the match.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Unkanny Kan.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Didn't see this one coming...

·
Administrator
6,164 Posts
Surprising loss.

As I thought during the match, Anderson likely seeing Berdych in his draw and knowing it was pointless to go all out this tournament. And if he won this match he would risk facing Gulbis (who did in fact defeat Thiem), which would be too shameful a loss in 2015 even as a tank. Better just to lose to Rosol now, then hope he gets Wawrinka next week rather than Berdych.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
anderson is more suited to faster grass than the medium paced hard.
Rosol is not suited for any tennis court at this moment.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Djokovic should be ashamed losing 2 TBs to Anderson.
No he shouldn't. Anderson at Wimbledon was GOATING in those two sets. Rosol would have lost easily to THAT VERSION of Anderson. You people need to learn how to judge FORM BETTER. This Anderson isn't half the player Djokovic faced at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
anderson is more suited to faster grass than the medium paced hard.
he's improved on grass the last few years (although he developed into a better, more consistent player on all surfaces regardless), but I think you'd have to say his favourite surface is still exactly that: medium-pace hard courts. it's what he's most used to plus he can get into more return games with slower conditions and a higher bounce (which also makes the trajectory and kick on his serve even more lethal).

·
Super Moderator
8,846 Posts
he's improved on grass the last few years (although he developed into a better, more consistent player on all surfaces regardless), but I think you'd have to say his favourite surface is still exactly that: medium-pace hard courts. it's what he's most used to plus he can get into more return games with slower conditions and a higher bounce (which also makes the trajectory and kick on his serve even more lethal).
Though he often likes to play on surfaces with very fast conditions too (now) and USO is his less favourite Slam, I can concur. He likes the American HC-season as he's not far away from home and his so beloved kick serve gets a better touch if higher bounce, not forget to mention he started his tennis career on this slow HC.

KAndy is getting trough hard times in contrary to that, what we all thought. His exit in Wimbledon really shocked him and even more, when he realized Novak won (btw I caught he likes Federer's playing style a lot) and could have sort of end his QF-curse at Slams. He's still can't find the way back to his former trail, is playing poorly lately (for his standards), but I'm very sure it's just a mini-crisis and will find a way out. It's still early on, we have a plenty of matches which have to be played till USO and it's nothing new it's the Slam at which he's not that successful (playing badly the last years there too). He wants to change this now with new tactics, Remember his failed beginning of the European clay season, since he lost to good clay-courters like GGL in Estoril or Bolelli in Madrid. Then he had a good run in Rome and Paris.

Something similar now, two losses in a row like then. It's not a big shame to lose against Sascha, when he's on. Moreover he experiments a lot these days because of his nutrition and hydration during this very hot summer there and it seems everything doesn't fit yet. Besides all this, people, he took vacation, did nothing for tennis and chilled a bit. It's difficult to get his swing again you had and you all experienced this. So, I'm not worried. He can prep now for Cincy, where he just won only one match! It's time to change this at the very first ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts