Surreal match.

Polansky is terrible at the crucial moments and his net game is :tape: x1000

Great run by Fabio in here! Taking advantage of an easy draw! :yeah:

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To the Canadians:

Polansky can do better than this, right?

Because today he was terrible. I am disappointed... :sad:

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Peter played a really nervous match. Fognini looks pretty bad as well, all he did was counterpunch until Polansky would make a dumb error. Polansky would constantly set the point up perfectly and then dump an easy volley or miss an easy short ball. Fognini will basically be a bye into the third round for Murray or Ginepri. Can't see Fognini going very far in the near future, Polansky has potential though, that forehand was huge at times.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Peter played a really nervous match. Fognini looks pretty bad as well, all he did was counterpunch until Polansky would make a dumb error. Polansky would constantly set the point up perfectly and then dump an easy volley or miss an easy short ball. Fognini will basically be a bye into the third round for Murray or Ginepri. Can't see Fognini going very far in the near future, Polansky has potential though, that forehand was huge at times.
I agree with you.

Fognini couldn't put a single first serve in, in the tie-break.

But he was really smart and Polansky played some dumb tennis, especially in the second set.

Funny how Polansky two breaks came from a net cord and Fognini pulling a Mauresmo in terms of court sense.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
A terrible result for Peter. He was given as generous a draw as he could have hoped for, yet still bundled out in straight sets and put in a poor performance. Not good, especially on the back of his poor showing at Vancouver last week.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Fognini played as if he was on clay. I didn't like his performance at all. Then he can't be always doing foot faults: I couldn't keep the count, at least 8... And that's a pity because his 1st serve is not that bad...

At least he showed his fighting spirit when a break down and in the tb when in trouble, and some good lobs...

But this match was lost by Polansky, not won by Fabio...

See you on red clay, Fabio :wavey:

·
MONSOON season.
81,403 Posts
Would have liked to have seen Polansky play, but judging from the reactions it's best I missed this match.

Fabio :yeah:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Would have liked to have seen Polansky play, but judging from the reactions it's best I missed this match.

Fabio :yeah:
polansky is a young player who have to work hard. he had no game plan. he has no killer serve, and his volleys are below swedish national level! but you can see that if he works hard he could go further. and fognini played on 30% of his ability i think. and if you can play soooo bad and still win an TMS match even it is a MD WC you can play... :)

he won me at RG against Monace and i will stay following him

·
Ace Loveforty
83,392 Posts
win on hard in a Masters tournament :eek:

well, reviews doesnt seem good but still a win is a win and top 100 is getting closer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts